No announcement yet.

Show us your latest Blu Ray/DVD purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's viewing sorted. And a bargain to boot!

Comment

New arrival today...

Neil

Comment

New Synapse release of Suspiria arrived today ... and if the trailer is anything to go by it looks absolutely incredible.

Comment

I've just picked up Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, Sword of Doom (Mifune samurai flick) and Stalker (Russia SF from the peeps behind Solaris).
          I'm just waiting for the Samurai boxset to arrive too. I have Mushashi Miyamoto on LD but have never seen any of the others in the series.

Comment

Picked up two films I have wanted to watch for years for a couple of quid at the supermarket

Saving Mr Banks and (I have seen about 3/4 of it) The Help. Wanted to get Hidden Figures too but no luck in the shop.

Comment

A nice surprise arrived today. Blade Runner 2049 4K BluRay. I forgot about ordering this before Christmas.

I like the original Blade Runner look to the 4K disc.

The other 2 discs are the movie in 1080p and a bonus features BluRay.

Comes with a booklet too. Remember when every movie had those?

Sadly the 4K disc glitches out through chapter 8 so I'll have to return it for a new copy.

Comment

Might as well ask this question here: is it worth watching 4K blu's on an Xbox One X with a 1080p panel (does the super-sampling add anything over the std blu-ray)?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Might as well ask this question here: is it worth watching 4K blu's on an Xbox One X with a 1080p panel (does the super-sampling add anything over the std blu-ray)?
                  It looks a little sharper due to the higher bitrate but overall not that different. I only bought this set for the future when I finally get a 4K TV with HDR.

Comment

Thanks Mark. I was thinking of future-proofing when picking up too.

I already have the box set of the first film with the 4K ver included and that looks much better than the std blu (again, only on a 1080p screen on the X) but that's because only the 4K version is a new print/master/(something). So nice to have, even without 4K set.

Comment

After years of putting up with a ropey ntsc transfer, I was surprised to see this had been released on bluray

Fantastic film with a fantastic HD transfer. Definitely one of my top 10.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Comment

Aye I also loved trespass back in the day, need to give that a watch

Comment

Couple of Criterion treats

Comment

Haven’t purchased anything for quite a while however, this was an impulse purchase as it was down in price to ‘only’ £12.50.

Comment

Picked up the Star Trek next gen box set, with something silly like 176 eps. Lovely video quality (they really have done wonders from the old PAL broadcasts/DVDs).

Comment

Got this in town today to watch with the boy over the summer holidays...

The Star Trek Blu-ray Box sets are awesome, shame there’s never going to be DS9 or Voyager ones to complete my OCD, um, collection.

Comment

Working...
                                X