No announcement yet.

Streets of rage 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big problem is that giving SoR2/3 the Mania treatment wouldn't be enough. Sonic Mania is amazing because of the new levels, whereas you can't really bring new levels to a scrolling fighter. They'd have no other option but to expand and evolve the game play mechanics AVP-style and/or enemy waves and offensive traits, which would be seen as a departure for most. I mean it could have worked, especially with a Yuzo Koshiro soundtrack, but expecting Sonic Mania levels of modernisation is a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      I think I'm fine with SOR4's visuals because... SOR1-3 aren't visually that good?
      I’d agree for SoR3, which looked like it was forcing the MD to do things it didn’t want to. In comparison, SoR/SoR2 worked brilliantly within the MD’s limitations. And for that, I reposteth unto thee the fair maiden teddy’s zoetrope animation:

Comment

SoR 1 looks poor, let's not pretend otherwise. 2 looks amazing though.

4 is looking better in motion. Art isn't my favourite but a decent overall package.

Comment

I think the SoR games looked great. For me, there was feeling of oooomph when a punch connected. It was all a bit tinny. Final Fight nailed that much better. I hope SoR4 gets that right.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
            I think the SoR games looked great. For me, there was feeling of oooomph when a punch connected. It was all a bit tinny. Final Fight nailed that much better. I hope SoR4 gets that right.
            I especially love the sound effect you get when an enemy blocks your attacks in FF. It sounds like someone twatting a big cardboard box with a baseball bat.

Comment

Lizardcube did a fine job with Wonderboy 3, so this should be great. I hope they do a Kid Chameleon 2 after this.

Comment

Originally posted by HailMary View Post
                Lizardcube did a fine job with Wonderboy 3, so this should be great. I hope they do a Kid Chameleon 2 after this.
                The game was good but I felt that the new music style was a bit pants. It didn't fit the game IMO. Just as well the original was also available.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                  The game was good but I felt that the new music style was a bit pants. It didn't fit the game IMO. Just as well the original was also available.
                  I agree with the music. The beach music on the MS is my favourite track and I wasn't big on the remade version. It is used on Monster Boy and sounds more like the original.

Comment

I like the art work

Comment

Quite an interesting talk about the art of Wonder Boy The Dragon’s Trap from lizardcube, same team who are doing the art/animation for SoR4.

Comment

Wow, some strange, strange heat up in this piece. How oddly odd. Bud anywah.

I've only just seen the vid in motion and the gameplay looks very faithful. I'm not sure about the graphics, I think they need a touch more darkness, a more "night time" feel, more black, the Pine Pot neon needs to pop more. But only my preference. We will have to like it or lump it. But it looks decent, I'd say.

Say, if you compare this with Double Dragon Neon, I just couldn't get on with that game. I gave it a few hours here and there but I didn't dig how the game felt to play, it deffo wasn't Double Dragon and I didn't really like the graphic style. It was floaty and rubbery. But I didn't hate it, it was essentially a completely different game. I keep meaning to give it a third chance. To me, it felt like Blood Dragon or summat, not the vibe I was after.

Character-wise, I think the chubby guy looks decent but not sure about Axel, btw. But he looks ready to kick arse, ragin'.

Anyway, as always, digression. But at least this kinda looks like it will PLAY like SOR. The core foundation is there.

We shall see and like it or lump it.

Comment

I hope it has customizable character colours and customizable stuff in general. Or is it spelt customisable? The latter, I think. But you get both.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                              Hmm, I don't know. I really don't like the looks. The levels look very bare too. This is one I'll have to play before I can say I'm in or not.

Comment

The animation is really good. Yeah, the stages seem a bit bare and would have been livened up with some background characters and animation. Must admit my own personal issue with it is that it doesn’t look like it has really built on the old games - it looks too similar. I can’t imagine it would hold my interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X