No announcement yet.

*New* Thundercats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is. He was easily defeated by the power of Cheetara's enormous boobs though.

Comment

I heard Mumm-Ra was when you hid and then jumped out at your Mom and went "raaaa!"

A monkey bath is where you get in and it's too hot so you go "ooo ooo aaa aaa!"

Those are probably the only two clean articles in the Viz Profanisaurus...

Comment

I've enjoyed this remake over the last few months, the so called cliff hanger at the end of last episode, may be a bit weak but was enough to have me itching for the next season. It is a nice re imagining of the original series with some nice augmentations to the story line and character... It's also nice to see sub characters get more air time and have them come in an out the overall series... Oh and the art direction is lovely too!

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
          He is. He was easily defeated by the power of Cheetara's enormous boobs though.
          Ha, that rack is too much for any evil to overcome!

Comment

The new re-reboot of Thundercats is on the way:

*sigh*

Comment

There is missing the point.....and missing the entire point by light years

Comment

I like it. It looks fun. I like when cartoons can come back as other cartoons, like when Birdman and the Galaxy Trio came back as Harvey Birdman. I much prefer this to the soulless thing that used to happen with many cartoons in the 90s, when it would have come back as Thundercats Kids. Sure, I’d like a real kickass Thundercats show and this isn’t it (but did we already get that?) but this looks fun.

Yes we did already get it. That’s what this thread was about.
                Last edited by Dogg Thang; 19-05-2018, 08:02.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                  There is missing the point.....and missing the entire point by light years
                  If I'm honest, I disagree. They already did a recent Thundercats reboot which was more along the lines of what people expected. It was considered a very good show for kids, but it didn't catch on.

It was quite similar, style-wise, to the He-Man reboot from the early 2000s, and both of those were pretty close to the originals in tone, using modern animation. They both got a couple of seasons but didn't really last long-term; instead, they were crushed by "Nickelodeon"-style shows like Spongebob and Adventure Time.

This is probably an attempt to reboot them in that style, and I can see why. The problem is that fad may have passed by the time this hits its stride. Adventure Time is over, Steven Universe is apparently going to end in the near future and Regular Show finished last year. They may have missed the boat on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    The new re-reboot of Thundercats is on the way:

*sigh*
                    The guy has a top-knot which means I cannot take anything he says seriously.

Comment

I hate this current kids show trend that's in motion with stuff like this and OK, KO where it's like they're intentionally making the worst animation they possible can. It's like a desperate race to the bottom.

Comment

Worse animation compared to what exactly? I think some of what is happening here is that people remember the cool intro sequences and forget how poor much of the in-show animation was in the 80s and 90s. This is high quality animation.

Comment

That's true, art style is probably a better way of saying it.

Comment

Ah okay. Well that’s a preference rather than an indicator of quality. I prefer the original designs too and that intro was always impressive but there really is nothing low quality about what we’re seeing here, in design or animation - the level of talent (and budget) on display here can’t be knocked regardless of whether you actually like it or not. It remains to be seen if the show itself retains that quality. It’s one thing making an intro or promo piece and a whole other thing sustaining quality across a whole series at current budgets.

Comment

Basically this isn't Thundercats. Yes, it has the same name and will feature the same characters but it's not Thundercats. More of a parody than anything else. They could have made this an original animation but instead decided to base it off something that has a following.
                              I'm one of those people who don't count Beast Warriors or whatever it was called as being part of Transformers. That again could have been its own thing.

Comment

I really liked the He-Man reboot, they were just about to introduce the Horde when it was canned... gutted. The new Thundercats was really well done too, I was disappointed when that came to an end.

But this, and the new Ninja Turtles designs, are absolute atrocities.

Comment

Working...
                                X