Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDF 2017 and GHOSTBUSTERS (both 360 via XB1).

Love EDF. And the graphics are so *clean*, incredibly impressive at points and the shiny silver gunships early on rocked my world and frazzled my brain with their awesomeness. This was a pretty early 360 game, I think??? Top stuff!

Also love how GWG have basically dumped all three PAL 360 entries, this and Insect Armageddon and 2025, it's just bloody ace knowing they're all BC and just sitting ready to be Played when I wish.

As for Ghostbusters, it's just *classy*. Got none of my 360 saves on the One because I didn't transfer em to cloud so starting from beginning. Gotta say Janine looks fit and what a great way to kick off a tutorial. Proper Ghostbusters atmos at the kickoff, proper bo, it tinkles the heart like a massive, glass bell.

Comment

Now kicking off with the recent Games With Gold HITMAN game. It's really very cool. And very Hitman-y. And very, very clean in that IO Interactive way when they're making Hitman. And not Kane & Lynch.

But I don't care. Kane & Lynch were the best. Renaissance, may I request?

Anyhoo, just dropped the gamma by 0.2 and the floor looks shinier than Phil Mitchell's head covered in fresh, hot tar...and I mean that in a great way.

Slick like fish n' chips straight from Scatman Crothers' fisheries.

Comment

Been playing the FF8 Remaster and thoroughly enjoying it. Even though I've played it a million times before, this time I'm putting the Card game front and centre. I'm avoiding all combat, except to card the enemies and convert the cards in to magic.
        The remaster is good, but the backgrounds needed a clean up. The PC version with a mod is probably the way to go.

Comment

40 hours into DQXI pushed back against the darkness and brought light to at least Heliodor, now onto kicking ass towards the endgame not sure how long i have left to go before the ending but i have the purple orb and some more grinding to do as i don't want to be underlevelled. Also need to find all of my party as they are still missing, man this game gives entertainment in spades. The worst part is i want to play all of the Dragon quests in this form, i can only imagine how fun they would be to have this kind of graphical remake the world is stunningly pretty to explore in.

Playing sentinels of the starry skies in this way would be mindblowing

Comment

Been getting a few hours or ten into Skyrim on the switch. Looks way better than the PS3 version I remember playing for all of three hours and about as good as Skyrim VR, but again only played an hour or two on that.
            It's no BOTW (I get stuck on small boulders - no free climbing here), but it does have a somewhat clunky charm.

Comment

Well 71 hours later and DQ11 finally shows me the rather nice ending, whupped Mordigan's ass hard then he pulled out the usual phase 2 fight me again bollocks where i proceeded to whup his ass a second time, now onto the fun second act of the game as there's still much to see and do. Man this game has been fantastic from start to finish. Now do i have a little break and continue with ninokuni II or just continue with dragon quest the decisions.

Comment

Finish it off properly.

Comment

The lure of the tower of time was too strong I want to fix things properly and see the true ending. I have no idea how much game is left as it’s taken me back to a certain point to try again.

Comment

I have been playing Doom 2 and I'm loving it. It's a perfectly-crafted game all these years later. But the joycon drift has finally beaten me on a level where you have to navigate across really skinny walls. So I'll be taking a break to send my Switch stuff to Nintendo.

And I'm just realising that means my Switch will likely be gone when Link's Awakening comes out. NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      But the joycon drift has finally beaten me
                      There was a Joycon update made available yesterday (needs to be done manually). Not sure what it does but might be worth a go before you pack up your Switch.

Comment

Gave it a go. No joy, unfortunately.

Comment

Out of curiosity how much playtime are your joycons getting? While there is indeed an issue with them I have yet to come across this drifting problem I have 4 pairs of joycons and none have started I’m wondering if it’s they just wear out, I frequently rotate mine so I’m wondering if that’s protecting them a little, as I imagine if you just have one set then they are gonna get hammered more.

Will be more careful with them though so no Mario party style games or smash bros. Only problem I have had so far is random disconnecting and my switch cracking over one of the screws I tried loosening the screw in case it was too tight but nope it was perfectly loose just a poor design. While Nintendo do make good stuff their build quality leaves a lot to be desired sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Out of curiosity how much playtime are your joycons getting?
                            Admittedly, a lot. I have only two pairs and we have three people using the Switch including me and we all play a lot of games and we have no other console on the go these days. So over the course of a week, the system racks up a hefty amount of hours. So yes, it does get a lot of play and each joycon gets a huge amount of use... but not so much that I would expect it to develop a problem like this.

Comment

For the price they charge for the damn things I totally agree. Think it’s one of those things that Nintendo just didn’t design well. N64 stick been the last time they did a poor job that sucker goes super floppy if Mario party gets anywhere near it.

Comment

This week:

Dragon Quest XI - PS4 ...generic, but keeping me mildly entertained.
                                Super Metroid - SNES ...the best game ever made.
                                Creed - PSVR ...a good workout!

Comment

Working...
                                X