Blade Runner 2049

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Runner 2049

Ridley Scott’s revisiting of the “Alien” universe in his upcoming epic “Prometheus” has obviously inspired the helmer who intends to give a similar treatment to his other seminal sci-fi classic – 1982’s “Blade Runner”. Deadline reports that Scott is committing to both direct and produce a “new installment of Blade Runner” for Alcon Entertainment. At […]

There was a thread but I can't find it now where it covered how the rights to make more films had been sold to a company who was planning all sorts of fan angering things. The latest is that a new film is moving ahead but surprising Ridley Scott is said to have signed to write and direct it himself

I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing. I would hope Ridley would make something great, but will only worry he doesn't.

Comment

Will this be as good as Gandhi 2?

Comment

Yes. It's in 4D.

Comment

The main thing from this that I'm taking is that Scott seems to have finally realised he should be making films like this and the Aliens prequel rather than the rubbish he was making before. A lesson that Cameron and Spielberg both need to learn.

Comment

Well, fingers-crossed they don't put in a happy-clappy ending with a voice-over *cringe*

Comment

You know I've never seen Blade Runner properly? I remember watching it as a kid and fast forwarding to some good bits but didnt have a clue as to what the rass claart was going on.

Comment

I think its been so long they should just leave this alone now, it wrapped up everything pretty well and i think anything done now based on it will be so far out of keeping with its style that it wont be recognisable as blade runner anyway. My 2 cents.

Comment

Blade Runner 2: The Final Cut. Coming in March 2030.

Comment

Like iboko, I can't decide at all if I think this is a good or bad thing. I think the story was totally complete and self-contained, and should remain so. But then a new story in the same world could work. The Gigilo Joe part of that AI movie was pretty much that after all.

The risk of trampling on a classic seems far greater than the chance of living up to it though.

Comment

I?d prefer to see a new film that pays homage to Blade Runner. A sequel seems pointless and will only anger hardcore fans.

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                      Blade Runner 2: The Final Cut. Coming in March 2030.
                      He he ;p

Comment

Star Wars prequels.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

Die Hard 4.

Predators.

Terminator Salvation.

Beverly Hills Cop 3.

Yeah. Some things are better left alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                          Such as new ideas if you work in Hollywood.

Comment

Ridley Scott is overrated IMO but Blade Runner is one of his better films.

I would rather see him make a Blade Runner sequel than one for Thelma and Louise anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                              Star Wars prequels.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

Die Hard 4.

Predators.

Terminator Salvation.

Beverly Hills Cop 3.

On most of those examples, the cracks had already appeared due to multiple films. Blade Runner has not yet been strip-mined so it's a bit closer to Tron and Tron Legacy except that Blade Runner has far further to fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X