Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Predator UHD the other night. Not only is it one of the best films ever made and so much fun. The UHD transfer is one of the best I've seen the HDR is handled so well and the Mini gun never sounded so good.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
      Watched THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN (2008) at about 11.07pm. It's been doing the rounds on Film4.

Was it good???

Definitive YES!

It's not the most ingenious movie, it's about Vinnie Jones butchering humans on a late night train but VJ is kicking major arse in this, weird how I keep ending up seeing Vinnie Jones movies recently.

Looks reeeeeallly slick, Japanese director, a big carrier bag's worth of graphic gore (the eyes bit is UGH), really good fight scenes that play more old skool, slower so you can see and kinda sense the impact more.

The plot has more holes than the amount of anus-rings that end up in Iceland budget doner meat and as a film, it has a similar level of fatty nutrition.

An affectionate 7.8/steak-tenderizing hammers to the head out of 10 bad-eye poppy CGI fx
      Yeah, I Was surprised how good that was!

Comment

Watched 2 films this week.

Got dragged to the cinema by my mum because none of her friends fancied watching ‘Mrs. Lowry & Son’, starring Venessa Redgrave and Timothy Spall. The film centres around Lowry and his mums relationship, with not much painting depicted throughout. Great acting by both stars, with some genuine laugh out loud moments. Pleasantly surprised.

Dead in a Week (or your money back) - Netflix - suicidal writer employs hitman to bump him off. A recently made British black comedy with some great dialogue. Add it to your watchlist.

Comment

I got to see Hobbs and Shaw this evening. A huge amount of fun. Absolutely ridiculous and revelling in it. Basically like a superhero film now and with lots more comedy. I really enjoyed it.

Comment

spongebob movie. Any good?

Comment

The first one? Yeah, it’s great!

Comment

Rewatched THE LAST BOY SCOUT for the first time since the 90s. I used to think it was totally brill. And it still is. It's a funky film. But not funky enough to make me proclaim BUUUUUURRRRRRIIILLLLIIIIAAANT like I did when it was 1992 and I'd bought a cinema-shot £10 bootleg VHS copy from down the market because I loved it so much at the flicks (snuck in aged 16 back in the 9-1, it was an 18).

I think what weakens it is the conspiracy aspect. Is s***ts g****ing particularly sinister???

Everything else is still pretty great, there's some cool violence and the whole mood of the film has a Commando whiff about it but the "corruption" element? Beige, beige, beige, I felt there shoulda been a worser reason for it all to happen.

But I'd check it out if you've never seen it. It's got some great dialogue and great chemistry between Bruce n' Wayans (this is Bruce when he wasn't *completely* bored with his life and suicidally depressed and could still bang out dem wisecracks twenty to the dozen.)

Doing the rounds on TCM, or was a few weeks back. Check it out.

Comment

Last Boy Scout was cool

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    spongebob movie. Any good?
                    We've seen it over ten times so far(most recently, last week). It's brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I must be the only person in the world who thinks this film was ****.
                      You are not alone.

Comment

Watched a couple of big hitters from 1991 ...

Finally got round to watching the Criterion ed of Silence of the Lambs. Massive upgrade on the previous blu. Film great as ever.

Then I watched T2 tonight. It's a film I've always found overrated ... yet I'm nostalgic about it based mostly on the hype and build-up around it at the time it came out (that, and I really loved the first film). Anyway, tonight's viewing did nothing to change my opinion. I think I'm done with it. It's not for me.

Comment

Terminator needed no 'canon'. T2 was a brilliant spectacle but basically Barney the Dinosaur in shrouded form.

Finished watching THE GREASY STRANGLER about three hours back. My bro had said it was actually proper awesome and when he says that, a bit of me listens. This is a guy like me who grew up on STREET TRASH. An old skool melt movie watcher from the dayzofwayback.

Alas, alas, alas...it's sh1te, really. The old guy who looks like John Carpenter who plays the dad is BRILLIANT. And the sexy lass is proper sexy.

But it all feels like something *trying* to be 'cult'. It's after a NAPOLEON DYNAMITE sorta comedy angle. But I rarely laughed.

Only at the old bloke. He's full of gusto all the way.

Comment

It reminded me of The Mighty Boosh quite massively, it's very out there. But once ya catch tha gimmick, you can see the failure...ie. it thinks all it has to do is to be weird and strange and Boosh-ish.

Nah. It doesn't work like that.

Comment

Anyway, maybe I'm just bring a grouse.

Ignore me.

Comment

Dredd 3D

Comment

Working...
                                X