No announcement yet.

Dead or Alive 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

think this game will show on what effect itakagi had on the games gaiden 3 was awful so will be down to this game i think

early footage for doa 5 had QTE things pop up that had me worried (i think QTE are the spawn of satan )

Comment

Gaiden 3 was dire, but the 3DS DOA game, also made without Itagki, was decent. I'm optimistic.

Comment

Edge doesn't think much of it, giving it a six. Not a disastrous write-up of the sort that NGIII received, but they claim it doesn't add anything new over previous versions, and that the story mode is a tutorial-style affair as per the 3DS title rather than the character-specific option of previous home console games. Their thesis seems to be that Tecmo have removed the games' chief USP.

There's a couple of howlers in the text, mind. They claim that Gen Fu is a VF character, and somewhat exaggerate the differences in approach between DOA and Virtua Fighter. There's always been that story about how Itakagi based the original on algorithms that Yu Suzuki allowed him to copy...

Comment

I had no issues with the 3DS game so likely more of an 8/10 for me

Comment

That kills it for me. The 3DS game grew very boring very fast. Pity as it was fantastic.

Comment

fighting games are about multiplayer anyway. if the netcode is good thats fine with me!!

Comment

The netcode in DOA4 was really good and this was 6 and a half years ago when my connection was 50x slower!

Comment

I must say that I also don't like what I've seen of the story mode so far. It looks like a dragged out ****ty mode that forces you to play every character and its the kind that you'll only beat once. Like MK9, but that was actually a really cool remake of the original trilogy story.

Arcade mode has no boss and no ending, making it kind of pointless. For the rest the game looks a bit too gritty for a DoA imho, colors are not really shining through. Liked that about DoA4.

But I actually want to buy it for the VF characters.

Comment

I loved the 3DS best if version and for me had plenty of replay with Tag challenge and the way characters and collectible a were unlocked. Like the realistic style edge of DOA5 and as the story modes are pretty poor in most beat em ups lately won't put me off buying this. Online should be great plus I'm sure Arcade mode will be fun. Bet they'll be heaps of costumes to unlock too.

Comment

Story mode is a mess "Oh hai dere lets fight" *fight won* loading... you're now in Alaska... wtf wheres the follow up?

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      That kills it for me. The 3DS game grew very boring very fast. Pity as it was fantastic.
                      Worried the sames gonna happen here tbh...

Comment

Every review seems to hang on the Story mode, I'm not sure what they were expecting. Every DOA has featured awful storylines, voice acting and writing... hell, every fighting game has. Doesn't bother me.

Comment

Sorry this bumped up. Was meant to find the Review before the Headlines with the search. Just bought posted some impression in the Review bit, great fun game as always.
                          Last edited by JU!; 01-12-2012, 20:09.

Comment

Posted in the first play thread - but should post here really. DoA5 is getting a large update patch in early 2013 and a Vita version!

Comment

Working...
                            X