Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
    You’re seriously missing out on all of the fun. Souls coop is AWESOME! It doesn’t make you a better player by going it alone. Summon some people in and see how enjoyable it is.
    I can imagine it is but I'm not too sure that many would appreciate my "bonfire kill, bonfire kill, explore every nook and cranny" and then double check for missed bits approach!

Comment

You mostly just fight a boss together. Only takes a few minutes. So, allow yourself to be summoned, join the fight, win and you get an ember, lose and you go back to your own world without an ember. Once you've won a couple and rekindled you can click on others signs and have them come help you in your boss battle.

Comment

So if I lose (die I guess) do I just go back to where I was with no loss of souls? What about any items that I use during battle? Are they gone for good or when I go back to my world am I just as when I left it??

(sorry for all the questions but got a few hours free so was thinking of giving it a bash )
        Last edited by Womble9; 23-06-2018, 17:41.

Comment

Arrrgghhhh where the hell is the delete post button!!
          Last edited by Womble9; 23-06-2018, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
            So if I lose (die I guess) do I just go back to where I was with no loss of souls? What about any items that I use during battle? Are they gone for good or when I go back to my world am I just as when I left it??
            When you die you lose your souls and humanity; if you were human you get back being Hollow. You have to retrace your steps back where you died and pick them up again. if you die before doing that, those souls are lost and are replaced by the latest death. Your "place of death" is saved 10 seconds before you actually died. Every consummable item used is lost.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a bash at it a little later on .

Comment

When you die in someone else's world you end up back in your own world with your souls and estus in tact. It's basically risk free

Comment

Ah good, I'm often carrying a good few souls around and it seemed a bit unfair that if I stepped in to help someone I could lose them!!

In other news laid down a summoning sign and waited......and waited, nothing. went for a wander around and then after about 10 min's my sign got cancelled when I left the area. I'll try again on my nest session .

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                    In other news laid down a summoning sign and waited......and waited, nothing. went for a wander around and then after about 10 min's my sign got cancelled when I left the area. I'll try again on my nest session .
                    Get used to it, at least in my experience with the standard Dark Souls it takes a lot of time and/or luck to be summoned, unlike DS2 and DS3...I guess BandaiNamco didn't even fix that.

Comment

Yeah DS3 takes about 10 seconds to get summoned at the moment.

Comment

So I've completely ruined NG+. Well not completely, but yeah.

I accidentally R2'd the Darkmoon Knightess. The run to Gwyndolin is now too long to bother with as you default to the first bonfire once she and Gwynevere are dead. I also got invaded in Ando Londor and aggro'd Solaire by accident, which forced me to kill him.

Sod it. NG++ it is then.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I accidentally twatted an NPC in DS3, meaning I can't join a covenant (I think). Annoying but whatever.

Comment

This out on Switch?

Comment

Nope.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                                This out on Switch?
                                Currently TBD, both Nintendo and BandaiNamco say Summer 2018.

Comment

Working...
                                X