No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Souls II is a good game. The worst in the Souls series, but good compared to other games.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      Yeah, that's confirmed what I thought, cheers.
      I've got some other stuff to play first, so may go back next time it's on sale (it's about £8 at the moment).
      i was thinking of getting two i really enjoyed 3 despite its issues and no doubt by the time i finish two their will be some good deals on a boxed version of the first game as a remaster started at 3 may as well carry on playing them all in reverse

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
        i was thinking of getting two i really enjoyed 3 despite its issues and no doubt by the time i finish two their will be some good deals on a boxed version of the first game as a remaster started at 3 may as well carry on playing them all in reverse
        There's a chance that you won't like Souls and II if you've only played III. They are much slower and more difficult games.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

i watched a bit of Epicnamebro playing the first one on youtube and i reckon i will be fine with it
          Last edited by Lebowski; 22-06-2018, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Is Dark Souls II any good?
            Nobody seems to mention it (even outside of this Dark Souls 1 thread).
            Demon's, Dark 1 and 3 all have a lot of praise, but never hear anyone gushing about 2.
            I'm currently playing through it (xbox one x) and I'm loving it!!

Played 1 when it came out on the 360 for 200h + and loved that and whilst there's been far too long between playing them for me to directly compare and pick a favorite, I'd say that 2 is right up there with 1. I got the Scholar of the first sin version version (I'm pretty it sure was free with GWG as I don't buy much digital stuff and it's on my HDD) which comes with the 3 parts of DLC and it's certainly not a small game with me being at 140 hrs and still (I won't spoil as to how I figure this to be the case) seemingly having a load more to go at yet!!

Recommended .
            Last edited by Womble9; 22-06-2018, 17:53.

Comment

140 hours on NG?! What have you been doing exactly?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Oh I'm deffo a bit of a "moocher" when it comes to these things!! Starting off as Deprived may have slowed progress at first but when I started the game I was recovering from an 'op and chose this specifically (both the game itself and the character class) as I knew it'd last a good while and that the pain dished out by it would help take my mind off mine !!
                Last edited by Womble9; 22-06-2018, 16:07.

Comment

140 hours is incredible dude! You don’t need that much time to get the platinum. Are you not summoning?
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Nope, I prefer to go it alone! Truth be know though I don't think that's made a massive difference as I've seen a good few bosses off so far and have probably only fallen to them 20 or so (certainly no more than 30 I don't think) times .

Oh and I just edited my first post t(o make it a little clearer after typing it whilst half asleep!) showing that on DS1 I put in over 200hrs!!!
                    Last edited by Womble9; 22-06-2018, 18:10.

Comment

I can see.how you can get to that number. I'm on DS3 at the moment and I'm just going through areas, trying out weapons, stances, armour, backstabbing, riposte etc. And not worrying about dying or getting my souls back. I probably spent a couple of hours doing that today so essentially I have 2 more hours under my belt but nothing to show for it.

I disagree that DS3 is any easier that 1 or 2 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
                        Nope, I prefer to go it alone! Truth be know though I don't think that's made a massive difference as I've seen a good few bosses off so far and have probably only fallen to them 20 or so (certainly no more than 30 I don't think) times .

Oh and I just edited my first post t(o make it a little clearer after typing it whilst half asleep!) showing that on DS1 I put in over 200hrs!!!
                        You’re seriously missing out on all of the fun. Souls coop is AWESOME! It doesn’t make you a better player by going it alone. Summon some people in and see how enjoyable it is.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                          I can see.how you can get to that number. I'm on DS3 at the moment and I'm just going through areas, trying out weapons, stances, armour, backstabbing, riposte etc. And not worrying about dying or getting my souls back. I probably spent a couple of hours doing that today so essentially I have 2 more hours under my belt but nothing to show for it.

I disagree that DS3 is any easier that 1 or 2 though.
                          III is an absolute cakewalk compared to 1 and the bosses of II. Even more so if you’re under Boost Mode on a Pro.

I cant see you online. I’ll happily jump in with you if you want some help.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You're having a laugh! I've assisted a dozen people on the 2nd/3rd boss tonight

The tree

, usually 3 of us in total and we've died every time and the other players looked massively overpowered compared to me. I might have to grind a bit.

You got a character within my level (22 I think) for an assist?

Comment

I’m way outside of that. A password will work though.

Tree is is super easy. Lol
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Well that's why I was assisting, to see where I was going wrong lol. Opening boss and the first real one were easy as pie.

Comment

Working...
                                X