No announcement yet.

Dark Souls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 more weapons to go for my plat. NG++ a breeze thus far, made it to Anor Londo in about 30 mins due to the master key. Wrath of the Gods and Sunlight Spear so OP I'm destroying bosses!

Comment

Got my plat. A lot easier to get the platinum than Dark Souls 2 and Dark Souls 3 I must admit. So I now have the full monty available on PS4 (Never played Demons Souls, hope it will get remastered at some point).

Loved every minute of this game (again!). Might do a sorcery playthrough with INT/DEX next using only daggers & spells.

Comment

Demon’s is available via PS Now. I don’t think there is any online anymore though. It’s doubtful it’ll get a Remaster as it’s Sony’s own title and they likely won’t be bothered to set a team aside to do it.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Wasn't it rumoured that Bluepoint might be working on Demon's Souls Remastered? I went back to it just before they turned off the servers, and found I mostly wanted to play offline anyway.

Comment

I think that was just someone hoping about it, someone else took it as a rumor, and the rumor spred like wildfire. If that forces someone to make a good remake of Demon's I won't complain though

Comment

Yeaaah, maybe they can fix that broken world stone in the Nexus while they're at it

Comment

Has anyone having trouble staying online with patch 1.03? I've installed it today and I was disconnected three times after taking a few steps beore I've disconnected manually and kept playing offline.

Comment

Just achieved my first ever Platinum trophy on any PS game on the seventh run-through. Had to look up how to get the last couple of miracles and which weapon I was missing (the channeller's trident, not surprisingly), but am unreasonably chuffed with myself, so had to come and announce it here.

Absolutely loved every minute; it's a brilliant game all around. A pity it's all come to an end too, although I guess there's still a chance they could remake Demon's Souls...

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Today I've fought Sif one more time. I alwasy find the battle awkward, as Sif limps when in critical condition. The Artorias DLC made it even more awkward. But I never knew that with an heavy weapon (I was using a Black Knight Greatsword) you can stagger Sif, throwing her to the ground where she'll trash around for a bit trying to get back up.
                      That made stopped me in my tracks for a good second.
                      And the battle against Sif has become even more awkward than before.

Comment

just put this on for the first time ever, any advice from you guys? Also would you say i should play Demons soul before i get too engaged with this?

Comment

Originally posted by superking View Post
                          just put this on for the first time ever, any advice from you guys? Also would you say i should play Demons soul before i get too engaged with this?
                          I'd say that any advice is pretty subjective and as such would just say get stuck in!!

As for Demons Souls I've not played them so whilst I can't say that it might not help to some extent (indeed I believe the mechanics are similar so that might help to some degree) I've certainly not heard people saying that it's a must do and as far as I know the stories aren't linked in any way.

Have you launched your controller yet??

Comment

Demon's is still my favourite of them but that might be because it was the first I played.

Comment

Been on it now for 12 hours non stop, haven't done that on a game for many many years. Emotion ranging from elation to anger then tears of joy then absolute despair. Its an absolute rollercoaster, sooooooo hard but keep coming back to it

Comment

I should be playing Valkyria Chronicles 4, instead I've ventured in the land of Lordran once again, this time on the Switch.
                                In the three or so hours I've played I've visited Undead Burg, Darkroot Forest, and the Valley Of Drakes; will go to the Catacombs next to obtain a few items, including the Silver Serpent Ring. Haven't rang any bells yet: ah, the magic of the Master Key.
                                I've got uber-lucky and the three Black Knights I've killed dropped a BK Sword and a BK Shield; already recovered the Elite Knight armour from Darkoot, so I'm pretty much set for the rest of the game

Anyway, I'm kinda surprised how well the Switch version is holding up compared to the PS4 (non-Pro). Resolution wise it looks exactly like the PS4, no dynamic resolution here; the framerate did drop below 30 in some areas, but overall DS on a docked Switch looks considerably better than on the PS3...of course I'm speaking about technicalities, I still prefer the lighting and texture detail of the vanilla DS over the Remaster.
                                In addition to framerate I'd say that the FSAA is not as smooth as on the PS4, and some bump and reflection maps do look like they are at a lower resolution, or not filtered.

And after seeing this I'm even more convinced that Dark Souls Remaster on the PS4 should have been able to run in 1080p60 without problems.

Comment

Working...
                                X