The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
    You know a game is good when it's all you can think about at work.
    I could have daydreamed the full working day away.
    Lol that was me as well, sat there in the lab thinking about what i could be doing in skyrim. I hate when work gets in the way of a good game. Has anyone else been attacked by 2 dragons yet? I was in the village next to the magic college & as i was coming out the shop i heard a thud & loads of gards came running, i then looked up to see 2 dragons attacking the village, i didn't realise they could gang up on you. Just my luck lol, thankfully my training paid off as i not only handed one dragon it's ass back i did the second one in too

Comment

The dark brotherhood missions are awesome, won't spoil anything, but they have to be experienced.

I've also made it my personal mission to eradicate the tavern bards and their lousy singing.

Comment

any tips on character selection, from the guys who started again?

Comment

Exercise done. Dinner eaten. No interruptions until Bored to Death is on at 10:15. Let the three hours of Skyrim, that will feel like two and a half minutes, commence!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
            any tips on character selection, from the guys who started again?
            It depends on how you want to build your character as they all have different stats. The base level for each skill set is 15 and each race has 4 skill sets that start at level 20 and one that starts at level 25. For instance I am an imperial and they start with restoration at level 25, and are a very balanced race as they also start at level 20 for both one handed combat and destruction magic.

Each race also starts with a unique power and their own unique traits.

So it depends on what kind of class you are going to build really.

Comment

Does it really matter who you start as? You can level any class in any direction and the initial stats are so easily escaped from that very quickly base stats are irrelavant.

Comment

I didn't pay much attention to any of the stats. My sound reasoning for choosing to be Argonian (as I had done in Elder Scrolls 4) is because I think they're the coolest looking race

Had a fun moment a bit earlier on. I found a mammoth and was stalking it, planning to attack, then a bloody dragon swoops down from the sky and starts fighting the mammoth! So I pelted the dragon with arrows from behind while the mammoth was giving it a good kicking from the front! I then rewarded the mammoth for its help by killing him too. Well, it's a reptilian eat mammoth world out there.

Comment

Cant put this down. Up ay 5am in the morning and put this on for a wee half hour at half 8 and it's now 11 and I'm still playing.

Just done a quest for the Companions and came across a huge

Dwarven Centurion!! What the hell was that robot thing.

Managed to kill him somehow with my bow while darting back and forward behind cover. Amazing fun though. So much stuff to do you simply can't do it all in one sitting. The perk system works really well as I keep playing to unlock that next perk for such and such power and it never stops.

Can't say enough good things about this.

Comment

Is there any birth sign stuff like the other games? I don't remember seeing it in Skyrim - just picked Orc and I was off..

Comment

Yes, but not in the same way. You will discover these worship stones responding to each birth sign, each one has a unique power that can only be activated at one time.

Comment

Your companions in this seem even more useless than they are in other Bethesda games. Lydia spends the whole trip lagging behind and the when a fight starts she will finally catch up only to throw herself in the front of my fireball and she will die.

I might just leave her dead instead of reloading next time.

Comment

She doesn't stay dead she just collapses & revives a bit later.

Been finding some rather awesome weapons this evening, was fighting some spectral thingys & they have spectral weapons like swords bows & battle axes, they all have sapping powers & they look like ghost weapons as they are seethrough. Nicked one of each type for the weapons chest. Also found a mask that looks like a deatheater mask from harry potter & it recharges my magika 100% faster so a handy & cool looking find.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            Lol that was me as well, sat there in the lab thinking about what i could be doing in skyrim. I hate when work gets in the way of a good game. Has anyone else been attacked by 2 dragons yet? I was in the village next to the magic college & as i was coming out the shop i heard a thud & loads of gards came running, i then looked up to see 2 dragons attacking the village, i didn't realise they could gang up on you. Just my luck lol, thankfully my training paid off as i not only handed one dragon it's ass back i did the second one in too
                            I work at a video game developer and all day today we were sitting around talking about Skyrim- we all bailed from work at 5 to play it. It's going to consume a lot of people's lives and rightly so.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                              She doesn't stay dead she just collapses & revives a bit later.

Been finding some rather awesome weapons this evening, was fighting some spectral thingys & they have spectral weapons like swords bows & battle axes, they all have sapping powers & they look like ghost weapons as they are seethrough. Nicked one of each type for the weapons chest. Also found a mask that looks like a deatheater mask from harry potter & it recharges my magika 100% faster so a handy & cool looking find.
                              No if you kill her then she stays dead. I have had to reload loads of times because she keeps getting in the way of my attacks.

Comment

well, I don't like this at all really, its all a little uninteresting and boring. The voice acting is getting on my nerves too its pretty bad for a game in 2011. Combat is a bit disconnected, and so far the quests have been pretty uninteresting too. Don't get me started on the glitches...

I must admit I've only played 3 hours though and whilst I feel its enough - I better play more, there's must be some reason its getting such decent scores...? Graphically it looks pretty average in ultra @ 1080p running at 60+fps.

Well... pretty dissapointed in one of this years biggest releases. I hope when I finally get to Batman AC it wont let me down this much.

Comment

Working...
                                X