No announcement yet.

Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Dreamcast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'm really happy with the Dreamcast version. Without being ignorant, its the only 3rd strike I've played (bar the ps3 demo)

I love it....its in my Dreamcast everyday.

Comment

I guess it doesnt matter if you don't play competitively.

Saying to avoid the ps3/360 ver of 3s is dumb though.

DC version looks the best with the 240p mode sure, but it's wrong.

Comment

I would buy it on-line being competitive too...problem is, I share a PS3 now. (I gave my xbox away too)

I'm worried that even though its street fighter...its fanbase may die...I wouldn't of thought so...but I thought that on II and it went dead.

I bought it on 360....then down the line, bought it on PS3, went online and not one single person...couldn't believe it.

Probably too busy on the Call of Duty Train. Seems to have picked up everyone.

I'm not opposed to buying it to play on-line one bit....just I'm kinda out of modern gaming for a bit.

Comment

I have it on both and it's easier to get a game on 360.

Although, this is universally true.

Comment

I'm tempted speedy...I don't care for the HD look (it just isn't my thing) and thanks to you confirming it can be altered...My interest is well up there..

I'd need to buy a stick...and get an xbox..which isn't so bad...

How much do the TE's sell for bud..do you know? have they risen in price?

(I play 3rd Strike with a Stick on DC) I'm not brilliant at it...I do know all Chun Li's moves....but its easier to be patience against the CPU...not that I always win, because I don't...but thats part of the appeal + all the other difficulty levels and I'd love to learn other players moves...

Yes..I'm tempted to get on-line with it (which would be 360) and thank you again for advice.

Comment

If you fancy a few games drop me a friend request. Stick wise I'd recommend a VX-SA Hori. Check Amazon for price.

Comment

Thank you - I'll do that

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  I guess it doesnt matter if you don't play competitively.

Saying to avoid the ps3/360 ver of 3s is dumb though.

DC version looks the best with the 240p mode sure, but it's wrong.
                  You haven't played as much Street Fighter 3 as I have guessing from that statement and I wouldn't waste money on the subpar ps3/360 version, Capcom shouldn't be allowed to get away with such a bad version, yes it may have online but it's not worth the price, I'm getting fed up of idiots buying subpar conversions and then being treated with more bad conversions of classic games I've loss track of how many **** arcade ports, piss poor remakes and bad HD updates port have been released this gen.
                  Last edited by S3M; 05-12-2011, 20:09.

Comment

Apparently there is actually a leaked near-final build of 3rd Strike on the Dreamcast that allows unblockables with some characters. It's pretty much a final build too, suggesting that they changed it at a very, very late stage.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                      You haven't played as much Street Fighter 3 as I have guessing from that statement
                      I've played it around 5 hours a week for the past 5 years. You're entitled to your opinions though, what do I care.

I am curious as to why you think I haven't played it much though.

It's clear to me you have a huge bias for the Dreamcast though, so I'll label you under fanboy.
                      Last edited by speedlolita; 08-12-2011, 11:28.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                        I wouldn't waste money on the subpar ps3/360 version
                        I have to say I'm interested to know you're reasoning behind why you consider the 360/PS3 versions so subpar to warrant not wasting money on it...

I really hope it's not down to the likes of stuff like resolution and filters.

Comment

Working...
                        X