Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Dreamcast.

*tried the HD version on PS3...can't stand this shiny nonsense*

Anyway...I love 3rd strike on the Dreamcast...I mean, really love it.

Would you recommend any of the other Dreamcasts Street Fighters?

I have every move down for Chun Li and all Super Arts..although I use the default one.

May I ask...are there any variations of Chun Li's moves on X II...Double Impact and Alpha 3?

I'm kinda hoping there are differences....I know some Street Fighters are slightly different.

I'll be honest...There are many Street Fighters I haven't played....but boy do I love 3rd Strike.

Personally, I love all of the Capcom beat-em-ups on Dreamcast, even the much maligned Zero 3, and if you are a Street Fighter fan then you really can do no wrong with any of the releases on the console. I still see SFII X being played a lot in the arcades here in Japan.

Double Impact on the DC is also a worthy pickup if are a 3rd Strike fan and want to see the roots of the SF3 series. It has more colourful and better stages and also better music than 3rd Strike, but a more limited roster and plays quite differently to its sequel.

My favourite Street Fighter game on the DC though is Capcom Vs Snk Pro, a tighter version than the sequel and has some of the best stages and music in a SF ever!

Comment

Thank You TC.

I do plan to buy/play all the 2D Fighters...but...only want a few to begin with. Make it easier for me to invest playtime, learn moves and enjoy really. Although...I am quite disciplined..I can buy more and hold off...but, It'll remove temptation if they aren't there..

I really want to buy II X....it seems quite costly, but roughly an RRP of a games price today, so, not overly rare...

Thank you again for help.

EDIT..

I do have marvel vs Capcom 2...but I've purposely not played it...I do want to play the 1st before i try the 2nd...rather than the other way around.

Comment

Personally I'd stick with the PS2 versions of 3rd Strike and the alpha series. Unlike the Dreamcast versions they are arcade perfect ports or at least extremely close. Double impact is a fun curio on the Dreamcast though and hasn't been ported anywhere else.

Comment

Yeah IIX is quite expensive here, although like you said not any more than a brand new game. Apart from that game though, all the others are easily affordable.

Comment

Thank you again.

I don't have a PS2. The PS3 I share isn't BC Anyway.

I'm biased anyway, anything on Dreamcast is great (even when it isn't!!) joking aside, I think I will pick up a PS2 at some point, I'm sure Matrimelee is on Jpn PS2 which is an old time fave for me.

I'm in no rush to get these things tho......maybe down the line I'll have both DC and PS2 versions.

Comment

The PS2 version of 3s is pretty bad frankly. 3so is easily the best version on consoles.

Comment

My understanding was that the PS2 version of 3rd Strike was the closest to the arcade out of the three "older" console versions (PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast). What don't you like about it Speedy?

Comment

What I don't like about it is that it's 480i and it's based on 990608, which is the rubbish version of 3s that nobody likes. 3so is based on 990512, which is what basically every arcade still runs.

I can't remember the details but yeah.. The Dreamcast version removed unblockables, which is why people prefer the PS2 version.

But as I say, 3so is the most arcade accurate.

The Xbox one is pretty bad too, odd glitches on some stages - like when you go too high on the HK stage, IIRC.

Comment

The parry timing on the Dreamcast if "off" also. I played the PS2 for years and didn't find any problem with it. It was the best version until 3SO came. With 3SO there's a host of other problems though: Twelves Xcopy voice is missing, Ibuki's SA1 makes a glitched sound and EX moves don't work properly with macros.

Comment

Is 3s0 (on-line PS3/360?) or Zero/Alpha 3.

Edit - or something else?
                      Last edited by 15peter20; 01-12-2011, 10:02.

Comment

Third Strike Online.

Comment

Thank you Speedy....

I only tried the demo...but didn't like the HD look. In the full game, can you change to original graphics, like the HDII Remix?

Comment

You can indeed. I run it with all filters off, I think the filters look horrible. You can't change the GUI - but it doesn't bother me much.

Comment

I was always told to avoid the PS2 version, DC version I found to be the best, I understood it had a few fixes to the arcade release as well, only thing you need to remember is to change the stupid graphic's fliter on load up for the DC one.

Alpha/Zero 3 is best on the Saturn by far, the PSP would be the best version if they could fix the the PSP rubbish's d-pad and thumbstick.

Avoid the DC & PS1 version of Alpha 3 like the plague, same goes with the 360 and PS3 versions of Third Strike, DC version under VGA looks better.

Comment

Working...
                              X