No announcement yet.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the mythology that's been established and they don't go out of their way to explain a lot of it.

The chrome spray was just symbolic of the chrome they prayed to as they collected their steering wheels and a show to other zealots that they were about to sacrifice themselves for Immortan Joe, similar to Native Indian war paint or the hachimaki headband that kamikaze pilots wore.

at the piracy justification! I do feel less guilty if I've seen it at the cinema first though.
    I'm definitely going to get the Blu-Ray, but it feels odd that Miller would want to remove the stark contrasting colours of the various sequences. The yellow of the desert, the blues of the dusk, the red of the storm and the vibrant pyjamas of the guitar guy!

His accent was bobbins, agreed. It was like somebody trying to do a Bane impression. Especially near the end with the speech "Max. My name is Max, Mmmm. Mmmmm." It sounded like he was sucking on a Werther's Original.

I loved the relentless pace. I remember the bit after the storm and my friends and I all looked at each other, practically out of breath. Last time that happened in a cinema was The Raid.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      I'd download it since I'Ve already paid to see it but the sound on downloads is always in piss poor stereo. This needs at least 5.1 sound.
      It is 5.1. 4.06GB

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        It is 5.1. 4.06GB
        ooh, nice!! This will tied me over until the BluRay comes out.

Comment

I'll picking this one up on Bluray too. Like the sound of the visual extras. I used to download loads of Bluray rips years ago but no longer, I prefer to own the real thing. They're only just over a tenner anyway, and the 4GB - 8GB rips are far too compressed for my liking.

Comment

I buy the Blurays because I like the extras. That's why I don't care for digital movies. No extras. I do download stuff but I still see it at the cinema or buy the BluRay. So in a way it's not like I'm ripping of the makers as they still get my money. I see it as an advanced viewing option

The next 007 will be an interesting one. It may actually get a BluRay release before a Japanese cinema release. In that case I'll probably buy the BluRay from the states and at a latter date see it again in the cinema for the big screen experience.

Comment

The way I see it: If I can't be arsed seeing it in the cinema at 4k with 500.1 sound I'll never be arsed to download it. Buying Blurays is out of the question for me, I've never bought one, and as the tech generations go by I'm losing my love for physical media. I'll still collect vinyl though, obvs.

Comment

I very rarely buy Blu-Rays, so it has to be jam-packed with extras.
                This year, I bought It Follows as there's a commentary track by a critic and a film expert, and I got The Guest, because I think my mates would enjoy it and I wanted to see it again and then listen to the Director's commentary.

It has to be worth keeping, re-watching and learning more about the film.

You like physical games, if possible don't you, [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION]?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                  The way I see it: If I can't be arsed seeing it in the cinema at 4k with 500.1 sound I'll never be arsed to download it. Buying Blurays is out of the question for me, I've never bought one, and as the tech generations go by I'm losing my love for physical media. I'll still collect vinyl though, obvs.
                  Yeah that's fair enough I guess. Bit trickier with movies that aren't on new release though.

One day (not too far in the future) they won't be any more BluRays and it'll all just be streaming. I'm not particularly looking forward to that day as I've yet to see a stream that looks as good as a BR (I do use Netflix for movies too).

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    [MENTION=1482]dataDave[/MENTION]?
                    I used to, but they've cheapened the retail experience too much for it to be worth a fart anymore. All these CEs are shizen hausen, and standard editions are a complete waste of plastic.

I went digital from Splatoon onwards.

Comment

Mad Max: Fury RoadIt may already be out on DVD, Blu-ray, Digital HD and every other current home video format known to man, but that isn’t stopping George Miller’s “Mad Max: Fury Road” from heading back to the cinema for one last victory lap. Warner Bros. Pictures is set to re-release the acclaimed film is […]

Could just be the US but on September 11th Mad Max 4 returns to the cinema, on IMAX 3D

Comment

After a very protracted awards season, the full winners of this year’s Academy Awards have been announced with “Spotlight” taking the honor of best film. “Max Max: Fury Road” dominated the tech awards with six wins, followed by “The Revenant” with three. Results were pretty much as expected, though some welcome minor surprises included ‘Max’ […]

At last nights Oscars, Fury Road took away 6 awards

Comment

It surely deserves them. Such a thrill ride from beginning to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                            At last nights Oscars, Fury Road took away 6 awards
                            Best use of a vehicle-mounted guitar player

Comment

The decade is not over yet, but World of Reel has taken votes from around 250 critics, programmers, academics, filmmakers and distributors – including yours truly – for a new poll to find the best films of the 2010s so far. With thousands of titles to choose from, the winner was revealed to be George […]

First - What a stupid time for them to do this list

But, World of Reels called together 250 critics to assess the best films of the 2010's and they have decreed that Mad Max: Fury Road has been the best film released

Comment

Timing is weird and the fact that Twin Peaks is in there at all is ridiculous but Mad Max? That's a pretty good call. It's one of the most unique cinematic achievements of the decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X