Pullbox (UK)/ Pushmo (US) Nintendo e-shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pullbox (UK)/ Pushmo (US) Nintendo e-shop

Well here a really great 3D puzzle game from Intelligent Systems. You play Mallo and have to climb platforms so you can get to the top and save the kids who are trapped inside. The graphics and game are super colourful and full of character. There's a full tutorial to teach you the basics and then 250 levels to unlock, as unlocked after the tutorial is Pullbox studio which lets you create your own levels , and heres the great science bit, you can post these levels as QR codes and post them online, already found a few great custom levels and if this sells well and the community gets involved it could be huge. Pullbox/Pushmo cost 5.40 from the e-shop and is great value, lets hope this is the start of great software on the e-shop and it goes from strength to strength.

I was looking at this on the J shop when it came out a few months back but never had the credit. Will probably grab the NA version sometime in the next week for a bash.

Comment

The video looked interesting on the UK e shop

Comment

Bought this just now. Did the tutorial and a bunch of levels after that. The QR code reading works wonderfully well, though people are just doing videogame sprites now, but I can see dedicated sites with QR codes popping up and taking advantage of this game. The puzzles are easy-ish so far, but this is very very good so far. Googling Pushmo Pullbox QR codes will get you plenty of new puzzles out there.

Comment

Great game this. Cheers for pointing out its existence, Mister Bubbles!

A few too many tutorial levels (I've played 36 so far!), but apart from that, it's a delight.

The use of 3D is understated but really adds to the game, and gives controlling the little sumo guy and pulling out the blocks a lovely, tactile feel. The mix of chip-tune and live instruments for the music suits the gameplay perfectly, and the many musical toots and bleeps that accompany your characters movement, mean I find it impossible not to do actions in time to the music. Weird that.

The difficulty's pretty mild so far, but there's been plenty of 'Aha!' moments and marvelling at the nifty puzzle designs...and there's loads of levels too.

I think the art-style needs a bit more work on the backgrounds and such, and 2-player co-op puzzles could well have been amazing. But yeah, this is ace.

Comment

Yeah i have been playing this it is extremely good. It is interesting to note the game has already hit the top 10 bigest selling eshop games (going off the all time chart in the eshop).

Suck a simple idea, but fantasticly designed puzzles make this game a must own. Utter bargain at ?5

Comment

Crocky-Chocky aint you started the level 1 challenges as those aren't tutorial levels?

Comment

BTW here's a thread on nintendolife with new created levels.http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3...level_creation

Comment

This game makes me feel stupid.

I've reached the first challenge level after the second batch of murals - it's only a 2 star puzzle with a mere three blocks to interact with, and I can't ruddy figure it out.

As an aside, is it me or have Nintendo really dialled back the 3D effects on their games now? Along with Mario Kart, the 3D effect in this seems really subtle. I wish they'd let *me* control how much I want to mess my eyes up with the slider rather than preventing me altogether.

EDIT: Although therein lies the genius of the game. A new day, a new rant and I figure it out in my head, grab my 3DS, complete it and modify my post with a new sense of smugness.
                  Last edited by MrMarbles; 13-12-2011, 08:35.

Comment

Played this last night after reading the glowing comments.

Too many tutorials! After playing it solid to level 51 where it finally challenged me (or I was tired), my brain was tired and bored of it.

Will try again today.

Comment

Yeah I found Chapter 1 to be very slow but after that, it certainly ramps in difficulty and enjoyment. I tend not to play this game in large chunks as I don't want to have the same situation as hoolak but it certainly is a cracking eshop game from Intelligent Systems.

I still think the main character is some sort of Mario rip off from another universe. A red jumping dude called Mallo. Hmmm.

Comment

Hit a brick wall with puzzle 105. There are too many ladders and I can't be bothered. I'll probably just press the reset a number of times in order to skip it though.

Found this comment on a review of the game:
                        Here are tons of original puzzles! http://hikuosu.tenkai.ws/joyful/joyful.cgi
                        Clicking "全てのレスを表示 ..." at the beginning of each thread, you will see all puzzles therein.
                        That link will give you loads of really cool new puzzles! Enjoy!

Comment

This is indeed a fantastic game, best fiver spent in a long while

Lots of Nintendo/Mario themed levels here, apologies if already posted via one of the links above

At Pocket Gamer towers we're currently obsessed with Intelligent Systems's cute and cuddly 3DS puzzler, Pullblox (or Pushmo, if you're on the other side of the Atlantic). This smart eShop treat has marshmallow hero Mallo saving his chums from these monstrous c...

Comment

Fantastic game. The initial easyness does (unless you're a very young gamer) outstay its welcome but there are plenty of tricky stages, including some devilish ones, later on. Best puzzle game I've played since Tetris. It's simple, clever, with lashings of charm and personality, and utterly enjoyable. Some of the user-designed stages are pretty good too, so plenty to sink your teeth into.

Comment

Working...
                            X