User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Top Gun 2: Maverick

It's been known for a while that Tony Scott had been looking into it but Tom Cruise has confirmed discussions have begun. Initial chatter mentioned showing how modern fighters rely on remote piloting which would make for a pretty dull film. Here's hoping it's more Ace Combat than IT Crowd
    Last edited by Superman Falls; 06-03-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Top Gun is Plough Boy's favourite film. The sad bastard.

He'll claim he likes planes and action. But in reality he likes sweaty machismo, mullet pop and cheesy one-liners/bell-ends.

He'll be hoping that Top Gun 2 has twice as many bell-ends.

Well, Cruise is supposed to be involved too so it's possible.

My missus is all over this but I just can't see how a modern day version would work, it's an odd one to come back to after all this time for a sequel.

Bruckheimer says the sequel is still moving ahead and describes the aim of the plot

Still apparently coming, the script is still actively being worked on as they try to iron out the details of the tale which will see Maverick involved in a plot focused on drones and the potential end of the fighter pilots era.

Doesn't sound like Top Gun. If the first film was owned by Hasbro it would have been called Topgunners: Chick Flicks in Disguise
    My missus doesn't care about drones, she just wants to know who Cruise will be romancing this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Falls View Post
    I don't care care about drones, I just want to know who Cruise will be romancing this time.

anyway this was always a mess favourite on board ships and I just didn't get it, never liked the original

In regards to "Top Gun 2," Justin Marks is currently writing the screenplay which will be very much about contemporary times and involve "drone technology and fifth generation fighters" along with exploring the end of an era of dogfighting and fighter pilots.
    Throw in a love triangle between two pilots and a singer and you've got Macross Plus.