User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Fair enough, though i'll stick with the Running Man.....or Logans Run.....or Soylent Green....or Equilibrium....or 1984......or THX1138....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
    Well I thought it was excellent, the pacing was slow but the payoff was superb. Great acting by the lead, very understated, and the visuals were well realised too. Really good TV in my opinion!
    what he said.
    i much prefer Brooker when hes doing this sort of thing (thought dead set was great also), rather than that rubbish 10 o clock show

Just watched the first two and bloody hell were they heavy handed and painfully forced. First one was almost passable but the second was complete garbage.

Just seen a repeat of the first one (avec Pig). I liked the second one (Talent show) but this one was just vile and gratuitous.

Seriously the worst thing I ever seen on TV. Maybe I just got the point of the second one and didn't with the first but yeah... Blergh!

Enjoyed the second one even if it was cliched. The first one was rubbish though, could have been done in 15 minutes.

I havent watched the 1st or 2nd, but just seen the 3rd.
    Bloody hell, this is a scarily possible future I've just seen. I can see where he's going with it based on our current usages of the internet & the way we seem to record our life, & the paranoia/truth it could bring.
    Kinda hit close to the bone with me too, with that feeling that you know when somethings wrong from the signs you see.

Will have to check the other 2 on 4oD

Yeah, I enjoyed it too Eddie. You could tell one of the writers of Peep Show wrote it with all the first person shots. That sort of technology would indeed drive you mental as you'd have the ability to over-analyse everything. Logical extension of the current 'take a photo of everything I do on my smartphone and put it on facebook' trend.

I would say it was the best of the three, second one second and first last IMO

Just watched the third and have to say it was the best by far (though still pretty depressing). Like Stu says, the Peep Show connection seems to work as this felt much more intimate and believable than the Brooker-penned episodes, it was much easier to relate to and therefore more powerful as a result. It reminded me a bit of when Facebook went huge four or five years back, everyone was raving about/in thrall to it...and now it's become a bit of a monster and many of the people I know who used it a lot hate it either due to over-dependency or unwitting grief they have gotten into.

It's hard to 'enjoy' something like this but it was very good telly, and it'd be nice to see C4 continue the theme in the future

Frankly I'm not surprised she cheated on him, he was a right twat
    I thoroughly enjoyed all three.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Just watched the third and have to say it was the best by far (though still pretty depressing). Like Stu says, the Peep Show connection seems to work as this felt much more intimate and believable than the Brooker-penned episodes, it was much easier to relate to and therefore more powerful as a result. It reminded me a bit of when Facebook went huge four or five years back, everyone was raving about/in thrall to it...and now it's become a bit of a monster and many of the people I know who used it a lot hate it either due to over-dependency or unwitting grief they have gotten into.

It's hard to 'enjoy' something like this but it was very good telly, and it'd be nice to see C4 continue the theme in the future
    You should hear the amount of times peole say to me "Oh just messge me on Facebook." but I then tell them that I'm trying to clamp down on it (especially since everyone updates their train of thought as comments on it now). The owners should allow you to apply filters so you don't have to read women's magazine story style updates.

Overly dependent isn't the word tbh. Why use this stop-start message system when I can call you instantly from my phone and talk to you? Y'know, like peoplen have for roughly 100 years and it works really well?

Little gaem: replace one letter in the word Facebook and make a rude word