Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
    Erm, was OK, that's about it. Just an idea nicked from Derren Brown with an added 'futuristic twist'. Could not see the main conceit being workable, again this just reminded me of yet another stoner idea expanded out to fill an hour of telly. One thing I liked was the way it seemed to pay homage to

Resi 4, what with the little town full of weirdoes, the masked 'assassins', and the lush, autumnal foresty bit with the bodies chained up to trees etc.

Still, different enough to anything else at the mo to make it worth watching but hope the next is a tad better.
    Similar to what Derren Brown did, yeah, but ultimately the underlying message in that Black Mirror episode, or at least what I suspect Brooker wants the audience to reflect on, is Friedrich Nietzsche's famous warning that "those who fight monsters should take care lest they become monsters themselves".

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was brilliant, again. A lot better than series 1.

Comment

Didn't enjoy last night's conclusion to the series and thought it quite insulting. Yes, we, the general population, are stupid, but we aren't so stupid as to laugh at everything a stupid cartoon bear says, not stupid enough to vote for a stupid cartoon bear in an election, not even if it's just a way of saying f*ck you to politics. I found myself siding and agreeing with the politician in the programme, and that tells me just how far-fetched and silly it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          Didn't enjoy last night's conclusion to the series and thought it quite insulting. Yes, we, the general population, are stupid, but we aren't so stupid as to laugh at everything a stupid cartoon bear says, not stupid enough to vote for a stupid cartoon bear in an election, not even if it's just a way of saying f*ck you to politics. I found myself siding and agreeing with the politician in the programme, and that tells me just how far-fetched and silly it was.
          Same here Charlie, last nights episode was the weakest by far. The only part I liked was right at the very end during the end credits where a warped future was hinted at.

Comment

The Waldo Moment - seriously? Stupid idea, crap execution. I switched off halfway through. It was just dire.

Comment

Didn't enjoy it either. There was a moment in the credits scene where I thought they'd do a nice twist (that the stupid people created a nightmare future) but they just showed the rise and rise of Waldo, which compared to ther other episodes is a really dull thing to do. It was easily the most one-dimentional episode yet.

Comment

I only watched one episode of the first series - the one where people where riding exercise bikes to power the nation, and it was rubbish.

The only one I saw this season was the Waldo episode and it was rubbish.

Am I unlucky with the episodes I have seen of this show or is it err.....rubbish?

Comment

You watched the two worst episodes. Those were both crap - the other two this series in particular have been brilliant.

Comment

Erm, bit of an odd finale there. Initially did a double take cos I thought it was Ashens playing the main guy but it's that guy off those Internet ads instead. Still think the best episode was that one from the first series, the guy with the implant where he can play back his life.

As an overall series, it's OK but it's nowhere near as important as it thinks it is.

Comment

Black Mirror Series 3 has been confirmed. It will start filming in a few months time and will be 12 episodes long. Exclusive to Netflix.

Comment

Netflix has confirmed that they have renewed their Emmy Award-winning anthology series “Black Mirror” for a fifth season on the streaming service. Created by Charlie Brooker, the anthology series taps into our collective unease with the modern world, with each stand-alone episode a sharp, suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia. There’s no official word […]

Netflix has renewed the show for Season 5

Comment

I'd love Brooker to write White Mirror as a positive spin on technology!

Comment

Brilliant series. I enjoyed Inside Number 9 as well. Different but darkly funny. Sometimes.

Comment

Since the coronavirus pandemic began, there have been many comparisons made between the current state of the world and episodes of Charlie Brooker’s acclaimed and darkly satirical sci-fi anthology series “Black Mirror”. So what does Brooker himself have to say about the situation, could he turn what’s happening into more episodes of the show? Speaking […]

New episodes look to be far off

Comment

Netflix Working On "Black Mirror" S6 - Dark Horizons
                                Work on Season 06 has begun

Comment

Working...
                                X