No announcement yet.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - Vita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U:GA was always going to be caught out by the supernatural elements I guess though as UC1 is pretty much the first time Drake ever encounters them so by setting GA as a prequel it would have been really odd for him to crop up against something and then be randomly uber freaked in UC1. For a sequel it'd be cool if Bend made an entry that slots in somewhere and shows Drakes origins with Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      Completely disagree, the unit 13 demo was pretty good but it's also incredibly easy, dont really remember it havingp a cursor when ducked into cover but that would explain why it was so easy. I personally play a lot of shooters and don't want an easy experience, having a cursor while in cover makes these games too easy.

Gears of War series is still the king of the cover based shooter genre and that doesn't have a reticle while in cover, it works perfectly. Being able to aim in cover (while your character isnt even looking at enemies) almost makes it feel like you aren't really using cover but just cheating.

Im sure if your idea of fun is strolling through games without a challenge then you will prefer it with a reticle when in cover, personally I don't.
      You have no idea of what my idea of fun is in a game mate so why make a comment like that? I should have remembered your snarky comments from the film threads.

If you dont agree with me fair enough but dont say things to bellitle my opinion. I presume you wont be buying Unit 13 then because it doesnt hold up to your threshold of difficulty?

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
        U:GA was always going to be caught out by the supernatural elements I guess though as UC1 is pretty much the first time Drake ever encounters them so by setting GA as a prequel it would have been really odd for him to crop up against something and then be randomly uber freaked in UC1.
        The thing with this is that this game could have been set at just about any point among the games. They just made a choice of when to set it and to set it at a different time would have required a change of, what I can tell, pretty much nothing unless I've missed an important detail. This stands alone and isn't really bound by anything. So they could still have gone supernatural at any point.

Comment

Originally posted by davek22 View Post
          You have no idea of what my idea of fun is in a game mate so why make a comment like that? I should have remembered your snarky comments from the film threads.

If you dont agree with me fair enough but dont say things to bellitle my opinion. I presume you wont be buying Unit 13 then because it doesnt hold up to your threshold of difficulty?
          I never presumed your idea of fun was anything, maybe you should read what I actually type before you acuse me of "snarky" comments. I used the word "if" for a reason and I also never said wanting games to be easy made your opinion worth any less than mine.

Anyway...

I will no doubt buy unit 13, I actually enjoyed the demo. You see I thought it was flawed and too easy, but I did enjoy it, so why wouldnt i buy it? Though obviously I hope the full game presents more of a challenge than the demo did.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 09-03-2012, 10:56.

Comment

A very interesting article about the development of the game:

Comment

That was a compelling read. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Superb article. Thank you.

Comment

Great article. To me at least it seems like a PS3 version of U:GA could be released in the future quite easily.

Comment

Finally settled into a final verdict on this. As a handheld Uncharted its brilliant but as time goes on the impression it left settled. The issue is that its less of everything. It lacks a sense of place with it quickly decending into generic jungle corridor after jungle corridor, the new characters don't click, the scripting is poorer than the main 3 games, its all low key action, the controls aren't tight enough etc. Its a must if you own Vita but its also the weakest of the Uncharted games

Comment

I didn't play the other Uncharted games but this one was a pain.

They really exagerated with the Touch Screen controls, gyro stuff. You are just cut all the time without warning by a tutorial or something you must rub in every angle.
                      The QTE Touch controls don't work properly also.

The worse comes from the puzzle where do you have to put the rear camera in front of a bright light... How do you do when you travel ? You just stay stuck?

The rest of the game is uninteresting also shoot, climb, shoot, climb... Some parts are just difficult for nothing. You have to get stuck on a rope (of course the NPC doesn't want to get down, because of the script) and shoot a lot of enemies without the ability to cover or defend yourself. Some dialogues were funny though and Nate is charismatic.

The demo was ok but I'm really disappointed by the full game. I'm glad I could play it through PS+.

Comment

Unearthed like a buried treasure. Returning to this after a whopping six years has been an eye opener and it's aged damned well. Though the game speaks to a direction the Vita never ended up taking of bringing the big screen gaming experience to the handheld (hello Switch!) it's an amazing accomplishment that I feel like I've appreciated a lot more now than on release. It's still all too easy to compare it to the main titles and see how it's been pulled in to fit the hardware restraints but it is amazingly close. In hindsight, one of the jewels of the Vita and a damned shame it seems destined to be buried with the system.

Comment

I really want to play this, but I don't want to take out a second mortgage to buy a bigger Vita memory card to fit it on.

Comment

Once I finish Uncharted 4 I will jump back on to this, as I never got very far with it. It will likely pale in comparison to the older brother, but any uncharted game is all good for me in my book. Saying that, I am yet to play the last side story to Uncharted 4, so still got some way to go...

I am a big fan of the series, like many are here.

Comment

Its a great game. KZM and UC were a generation ahead.

Comment

Working...
                              X