(Touch My) Katamari Damacy No-Vita [PSV]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Touch My) Katamari Damacy No-Vita [PSV]

Got this game earlier today from Play-Asia and had a short spin. So far, it controls much better than its PSP-counterpart, largely because of the 2nd analogue stick. However, there is no double-click on the sticks to do a 180?-turn as the sticks on the Vita don't have that ability. This is solved with rotating the stick inwards for the 180?-turn and outwards for super-speed.

The touch-elements feel refreshing (so far), being able to stretch the katamari both vertically and horisontally to get objects in far-to-reach places. Still more comfortable moving around using the sticks (as on PS2 and PS3) while touching the screen for stretching. I guess this is due to habit and me feeling my hand is covering too much of the screen if controlling by touch only.

Language-wise this is absolutely playable without knowing any Japanese, although the weird story is lost to me
    Last edited by MoFo2; 23-02-2012, 05:48.

Awesome - thanks for posting this, I am quite excited about getting my hands on this and hearing a little bit more about it before then is good. I didn't play the PS3 version, but after waiting for the DLC (read: main game) to become acceptably cheap on the 360 I really enjoyed that version.

I take it there's no option for English text? I've played most of the other games in Japanese too, but I do like the King's banter every once in a while. Also wouldn't mind knowing if there's any online, and if there is, if you fancy a game in the near future

Comment

I haven't found any option for language nor online unfortunately, otherwise it would be sweet with some online play. Maybe there is an online-mode, but in Japanese so I have no idea what to look for haha

Comment

The one game im actually interested in, one can never have too many katamari games. Good to hear at least someone bought it instead of the same 500 ZOMG uncharted purchases lol. Keep the impressions coming

Comment

Played a few more levels. Can't make the 180?-turns 100% of the time, I guess it try the outwards circling either too fast or too sloppy (my guess is on the latter). You can also use both the screen or the backside touch panel to stretch the katamari, have to practice a bit more to find out what suits me best. Otherwise it seems to more of the same good old so far. I imagine I will have trouble finding out what missions are "roll the biggest bear"-type, "roll until you think you have this size"-type because of the language barrier
          Last edited by MoFo2; 23-12-2011, 20:30. Reason: How do you translate Norwegian to English? I should know by now.

Comment

Also found out L does the 180?-turn, while R is jumping - sweet for those with sausage-fingers (if that's an expression in English too).

Comment

Finished all the requests/levels - only 13? I must be missing something. If not, it's a matter of finding everything (cousins, gifts) within those 13 levels. A bit short I feel :/

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                Also found out L does the 180?-turn, while R is jumping - sweet for those with sausage-fingers (if that's an expression in English too).
                Yeah, sausage fingers works.

Comment

Within the 13 "requests"/levels, there are eternal mode (collect everything with unlimited time) and a drive mode (everything, you and the time, moves superfast).

Managed to collect all the cousins so far. It seems as you play, you earn candy which again can be used to buy songs and different clothes for the king. I think there is something more you can do with the candy, maybe there's a hint in the trophies "collected all objects within the Curio Collection" and "used 3 candy tickets at the same time". I have yet to find out what these things are.

And, as typical for the Katamari-games, when there are a lot of things happening on the screen at the same time, the frame rate drops :/

Comment

lol it looks super fun
                    I know when i get my vita this will be one of the games i get

Comment

I'm sad no one else has imported this game? I thought people on this people luuuuuuuv'd the Katamari-nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                        I'm sad no one else has imported this game? I thought people on this people luuuuuuuv'd the Katamari-nonsense
                        I'm a huge Katamari fan but now that I have UC and Minna no Golf I think I'm going to hold off until the UK release of other games, especially as they're all a good bit cheaper. See: Wipeout. ?50 for JPN version or ?30 for UK one. Having said that, come release in a few weeks I know I'll be wavering

Comment

I've got this! Just haven't played my Vita much I am struggling a bit with the menu/stage select layout a bit, but in game it's quite splendid. The stretch mechanic is the greatest single innovation in the series so far IMO - being able to stretch out like a rolling pin allows some quite serious changes to play styles etc. It's all good stuff.

Comment

I've been wanting to get this but a lot of shops here (Hong Kong) are selling it at 30% more then the retail price. I think I'd be a bit cheesed off if I bought it at a premium then finished it quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w View Post
                              I've been wanting to get this but a lot of shops here (Hong Kong) are selling it at 30% more then the retail price. I think I'd be a bit cheesed off if I bought it at a premium then finished it quickly.
                              $h@d0w, how much does the PS Vita retail for in HK? I'm referring to the official RRP rather than the inflated price because stocks are low price. And how much are the games broadly speaking?

Comment

Working...
                              X