PS Vita Best Price Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FSW View Post
    Hope you're right zipper. If I can use a giffgaff sim in it then I'll take the 3g version.
    Here's where i got it (official blog):

"It is possible to use another provider as PS Vita isn?t SIM locked. As we have partnered with Vodafone, we have fully tested PS Vita?s features on their service and therefore can assure a great 3G service right from the off. We haven?t tested with other providers? services and therefore can?t give the same quality assurances."

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Vodafone have today announced a partnership that will see Vodafone as the preferred provider of 3G connectivity for PlayStation Vita initially in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand and The Netherlands, and with Vodafone's Partner in France (SFR). The PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi model sold in [...]

Comment

Dont know their rep

?199.95

Comment

If you can find a cheap sub-?100 3DS apparently HMV and Game/GS are offering ?130 trade in for it. Gamestation might be the best bet because of their very generous reward points scheme.

Comment

Finally a decent bundle deal. PS Vita + free 8gb memory card + game for ?15 (from a choice of 6).

Works out at ?234 for the wifi version and ?284 for the 3g

Edit: just checked and it seems that the ?15 game is an optional extra. If you just want to buy a Vita + free memory card (?219 wifi /?269 3g) without the game you can do so.
          Last edited by tom-nook; 01-02-2012, 09:17.

Comment

I'm going to assume that Sony don't pay for the 3G usage as amazon do with their kindles?

Like many in this thread, I really don't see the point in the 3G version if it's just another constant drain on the ever decreasing income.

Comment

It is nice the have the option though isn't it? Everybody's Golf on the train appeals somehow, lag wouldn't be an issue...

... having said that, it is irritating that only the 3G model has GPS, which is the main thing putting me off buying one - the ?50 hike is too much. I'll be waiting for a price drop, no matter how shiney WipeOut looks.

*edit* Toys'r'Us still looks like the best price on a 3G Vita at the moment, are there any other options, or decent bundles? Strange that Game/Gamestation have been so weak when it comes to no 3G bundles.

Comment

^ not really can you not remember how much more they were for 3ds bundles

Comment

I want the 3g version just so I have the system that has everything in it. Mostly I'll tether it to my iphone but as and when I need to I can get one of these:

And that way I've got unlimited data for a month for a fiver. Waiting for a price drop though. I wish in fact there was only the one unit available and that it had 3g and GPS in. We'd see better use of the tech then.

Comment

I wish in fact there was only the one unit available and that it had 3g and GPS in. We'd see better use of the tech then.
                    This. I'm only getting the 3G one 'just in case'.

Comment

GPS and 3G won't ever be used for anything meaningful. It's like the 360, a billion variants but everything has to run practically in full on a a basic Core.

Comment

Yes but there may well be some games that can use 3G (Final Fantasy XI maybe?) and some things that use GPS to make the device work better for location services (Near)

I just want it to work as best as it can.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                          I'm going to assume that Sony don't pay for the 3G usage as amazon do with their kindles?

Like many in this thread, I really don't see the point in the 3G version if it's just another constant drain on the ever decreasing income.
                          Nope, and there's a 200Mb DL limit. For the price difference you could buy a wireless pointer and use that to get any wifi device online, and there'd be no DL limits - or if you have a smart phone you could just use that of course. And if the 3G version even bombed in apan to people really think we'e going to see game in the West that use GPS? The only reason most people are even considering the 3G version is because they're not thinking things through, or they're not in posession of all the facts.

The only reason to buy a 3G version is the remote possibility that a game or two will use GPS, and you'd have thought if that was going to happen then we'd have heard about it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Party boy View Post
                            Nope, and there's a 200Mb DL limit. For the price difference you could buy a wireless pointer and use that to get any wifi device online, and there'd be no DL limits - or if you have a smart phone you could just use that of course. And if the 3G version even bombed in apan to people really think we'e going to see game in the West that use GPS? The only reason most people are even considering the 3G version is because they're not thinking things through, or they're not in posession of all the facts.

The only reason to buy a 3G version is the remote possibility that a game or two will use GPS, and you'd have thought if that was going to happen then we'd have heard about it by now.
                            There already is a 3G only game that is already released on vita - its called Radar (its bobbins) and have you ever thought people may want it for Near or even scarier a mobile internet browser as it actually does a bloody good job of it (seems to be a variant of chrome)
                            Last edited by charlesr; 04-02-2012, 16:52.

Comment

It's based on NetFront still and therefore = fail. Video of it in action reveals it to be better than the PSP by some way but still almost unusable (for me).

Comment

It's based on NetFront still and therefore = fail. Video of it in action reveals it to be better than the PSP by some way but still almost unusable (for me).
                                Ah I don't really use it that's what the iPhone and laptop is for handy in an emergency though

Comment

Working...
                                X