No announcement yet.

Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way things are going mate you should get that collection done, so many people starting to dump PCE stuff recently, I feel like the SD3 is having an impact.

Comment

I like the look of City Hunter!
      That's based on the same manga that the Jackie Chan film is too. It looks like it plays like Rolling Thunder.

Comment

I picked all of these up off somebody who has been offloading his collection for a quite a while. So got them at a relatively good price.

I’ve been building up my collection since 1999 after flogging all the games I had originally. Just wish I’d made more effort to get the pricey ones when they were cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I like the look of City Hunter!
          That's based on the same manga that the Jackie Chan film is too. It looks like it plays like Rolling Thunder.
          Played about 10 mins of this. It is quite a bit like Rolling Thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
            Played about 10 mins of this. It is quite a bit like Rolling Thunder.
            Yup and it's very good as well. One of my favourite PCE games.

Also, listen to the main menu music and then the Street Fighter II credit roll music. Direct rip off!

Comment

Just need an RGB cable and to modify my stick and I'll finally be able to play my CPS3 shiz. lol

I may hunt for an R-Type board after that...

Comment

Zaki Cabs has a rival firm on his patch!!

Comment

Is that the tiniest supergun in the world????

Comment

Now now ikeggo, it's not the size, it's what he does with it that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      The way things are going mate you should get that collection done, so many people starting to dump PCE stuff recently, I feel like the SD3 is having an impact.
                      Talking of SD3, have you heard of the HuDebug? A Hucard sized flashcard for PCE that will also do ISO images too. Would be interesting if it does see the light of day

Comment

If they can make a device that small it would be amazing! Though to be fair I’m all set with my SD3. Did you have any joy getting yours replaced yet VP?

Comment

Is that the tiniest supergun in the world????
                          It's about the same size as those crappy Vogatek ones, except this is a bunch more fully featured. Also keep in mind I've got a full size Happ PSU to power it along with the JAMMA board.

The video stuff is mostly what I was interested in though, admittedly.

Home Arcade System, HAS for short, is my newest supergun. The idea was to have a relatively small PCB-type supergun but packed with some useful features (button layout remapping, autofire, and hassle-free arcade power supply connection). The newest version is 3.1.

Features:

Compatible with JAMMA and JAMMA+ standards.
                          NeoGeo controller ports with extended pinout for buttons 5 and 6.
                          Full button remapping and VSync synchronized autofire - it is 100% based on my previous project RECO and most features remain unchanged:
                          6 button inputs and 6 fully configurable outputs for both Player 1 and 2.
                          Button 6 for both players is also output via the JAMMA connector, which makes the supergun compatible with popular multi-game PCBs like the Blue Elf, Pandora and other.
                          VSync is extracted from the PCB game’s CSync line for the ultimate compatibility and stability.
                          6 different VSync synchronised autofire rates to choose from.
                          New button layout and autofire settings are saved and stored in the microcontroller’s internal memory and stay in the memory even after disconnecting HAS.
                          Lagless.
                          Indicator LEDs.
                          In addition to the VSync synchronised autofire, there is also asynchronous autofire mode. It is automatically triggered upon boot, if the VSync is not present or is unusable.
                          Kick harness connector to connect to PCB games that use more buttons.
                          RGB video driver - 75 Ohm signal output; The brightness regulation is more precise now and it should be right for most PCB games out-of-the-box - the potentiometers are used mostly to fine tune the brightness (they have a limited adjustment range); It is safe - you can get the correct Vp-p (~0.7 Vp-p) for games with both weak and strong RGB signals.
                          Sync separator - Horizontal and Vertical Sync outputs available.
                          CSync "regeneration" feature – automatically adapts the timing of the vertical sync width and horizontal pulses. Usage - fixing the upper part of the screen in Taito F3 connected to XRGB Mini.
                          Jumper selectable Sync: regenerated/buffered.
                          Jumper selectable 75 Ohm/TTL CSync output.
                          RGB video output via a 8pin mini DIN connector and audio out via a 3.5mm jack. Audio also goes via the mini DIN, but is being overridden by the 3.5mm jack connector the moment you plug in a jack cable. This allows to run audio via a separate cable to reduce noise and interference. It is also really easy to interface with PCB games that output stereo audio via external connectors (like the CPS1.5, CPS2 etc). Furthermore, the 8pin mini DIN uses the same pinout as the XRGB mini and you can connect HAS to XRGB mini using a direct (1:1) 8pin mini DIN cable.
                          Brightness regulation via one dial in order to get perfect colour balance.
                          Safe audio attenuation circuit with volume regulation and option to disable the attenuation and use JAMMA amplified audio. Works with all Cave boards.
                          Test and Service buttons.
                          6 PIN connector to connect a real arcade power supply.
                          The microcontroller responsible for controls is socketed should there ever be a need to replace it.
                          Laser cut 4mm thick acrylic glass covers for top and bottom to protect the electronics.
                          Almost all necessary connectors, buttons and dials are accessible from the sides of the PCB.
                          Built-in voltmeter that allows to measure the voltage (+5V/+12V).
                          Status LED.
                          The design allows to use piggy-back modules. It is possible to stack multiple modules.
                          High quality Hirose JAMMA connector.

Comment

I got Pitfighter on the Atari Lynx.

It's not very good, but I wanted something new to play on it, and it was brand new - it's amazing that there is so much unused stock of Lynx games.

Comment

If they can make a device that small it would be amazing! Though to be fair I’m all set with my SD3. Did you have any joy getting yours replaced yet VP?
                              No idea if they even doing replacements yet. appalling comunications, no emails or anything.

Comment

Bought a copy of Mario’s Time Machine in a charity shop for a quid yesterday. Looking forwards to being bored to tears by it. If it works.

Comment

Working...
                                X