Lumines Electronic Symphony (PS Vita)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumines Electronic Symphony (PS Vita)

Just been playing this for the past hour, it's Lumines. Pretty much the same in terms of gameplay as the PSP/360 version.

I can't seem to figure out how you actually pause the game though? Surely there's a way to go back to the menu etc? All I've managed to do is press the PS Home button to pause it, not ideal.

thought as much

same way as ridge racer is pretty much RR7 ps3, Everybodys golf is pretty much the psp/ps3 version..and i'm sure there is more uncanny familiarity- bit of a trend with the early vita line up

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
      Pretty much the same in terms of gameplay as the PSP/360 version.
      So I guess the obvious question becomes... is there any reason to get this? I love Lumines but haven't played it in ages since I switched to the Go and it was never available on PSN. So I have been very tempted to get this but there is a part of me wondering if I'll just feel like I've got everything from the game already. What do you think? How are the new tracks and skins?

Comment

Doesn't Start pause it?
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Not for me lol. I've tried everything I can think of, apart from say pressing 2 buttons at once.

Edit: Just pressed start 3 times there and it magically started working It definitely wasn't before. I must have pressed it about 10 times over my hour of playing it. Then again I did get an update for lumines, maybe that did something.
          Last edited by Synthesthesia; 21-02-2012, 15:09.

Comment

This is great love it

Comment

Had a good go of this now and it's great. Yes, it's just the same Lumines and does it really justify its existence? Maybe not but if it ain't broke and all that. This one looks amazing and the tracks are fantastic. One thing I really like here is that all the tracks (so far) seem to fit much better together. The licensed tracks feel Lumines-ised this time rather than just kicking into a Black Eyed Peas video like in 2. All the skins and tracks here go really well together.

Comment

Just got my copy of lumines from Amazon but I don't have a vita yet!

Can anyone tell me if its worth the ?5.96 that I paid for it?
                I know the price I paid for this is really cheap compared to the retail store prices but in ways I will feel quite ripped off as its much cheaper on iOS.

also, is it more like lumines 1 or 2 or is it really like the Xbox live version?

Comment

An iOS game contains no packaging or game disk, you got a retail game for ?5.96 and you're feeling ripped off?

Comment

Plus Lumines IOS is awful.

Comment

I paid ?35 for Lumines and don't feel ripped off. I love it. Can play it for hours at a time.

Comment

I don't really know how the whole trophy thing works but does someone know why there are so few trophies for this? And no Platinum that I can see?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
                          I don't really know how the whole trophy thing works but does someone know why there are so few trophies for this? And no Platinum that I can see?
                          Just one of those things don't know why there is no platinum, also how the hell did you get 700,000+ yikes best I can do is around 100,000 am I missing a trick?

Comment

anyone else having freezing problems with this? mines frozen twice :/

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
                              Just one of those things don't know why there is no platinum, also how the hell did you get 700,000+ yikes best I can do is around 100,000 am I missing a trick?

Mainly because I am awesome... Ha. The power blocks set you up so you can easily get an Ultra Bonus twice in a row for maximum pointage, you make a sandwich with the colour blocks, erase the middle with a power block and the top line falls onto the bottom line.

Aside from that, get a good avatar - I use the heart one, it stops the line in single player giving you more time to work up a big chain.

I was gutted, my 700k score only unlocked 41/42 skins, I lost concentration and missed the last skin, that was about 90 minutes of solid play!

Comment

Working...
                              X