MCD: Movie Chart Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha caught out bordersdown spin

We all know those movies haven't done well but that list is just the biggest earners, I will eat my hat if there is no movies from between those dates that earned less than 80million domestically

I actually enjoyed the Lone Ranger (and John carter) seems I'm liking the underdogs like RIPD etc

Comment

The sci-fi sequel “Riddick” scored first place at the U.S. weekend box-office with around $18.7 million. That’s fairly good considering the first weekend of September is always one of the worst of the year, and in the case of 2013 it actually is the worst overall weekend performance so far with the entire Top 12 […]

Riddick took US number one, all in its hovering around the $26m marker at the moment which isn't too bad considering the budget. Word of mouth seems solid too.

Comment

Had a wee look at box office mojo earlier and it seems the butler has done great business

Production cost was 30 million and its taken 90 million just in the USA under a limited release

The conjuring is close to 300 million worldwide from a budget of less than 20 million, hope insidious 2 is scarey and does well

Comment

It was a couple of days later I saw the Butler stats showing its done well for itself. Low budgets seem to be key this year, a lesson hollywood of course never learns.

Comment

Alfonso Cuaron’s “Gravity” exceeded expectations to open to $55.6 million domestically this weekend, along with an additional $27.4 million from 27 overseas markets. That $55M is the largest October opening weekend of all time, the largest IMAX opening in October, the largest openings ever for Bullock and Clooney, and the second largest for Cuaron. The […]

Gravity has scored the biggest Oct opening ever and beaten its own projection. Very impressive scores too. Very interested to see this one.

Comment

It was a great weekend at the box-office for Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks, but not for anyone else. Alfonso Cuaron’s “Gravity” held onto the top spot for the second weekend in a row with a whopping $44.3 million, dropping a mere 20% from its record-breaking debut last weekend. After just ten days, it has […]

Gravity is doing stellar business whilst Machete Kills tried for the opposite award

Comment

Two science fiction-themed films dominated the global box-office this weekend. In the United States, the film adaptation of Orson Scott Card’s “Ender’s Game” opened to both decidedly mixed reviews and a healthy $28 million. Saddled with a pricey $110 million budget, it’ll likely end up in the black. Yet it won’t make much profit, so […]

Thor 2 does the biz with a $109m opening

Comment

Marvel and Disney’s “Thor: The Dark World” brought the box-office home this weekend with an $86.1 million domestic launch, more than $20 million over the opening of the first “Thor” film. Still, that mighty sum is not the record breaker some had hoped for, the film failing to crack the $88.4 million opening of “Skyfall” […]

Thor earns $86m in its US debut, total tally sits at $327m so far

Comment

Whilst Hunger Games is doing silly money business Thor 2 has quietly become the 5th highest grossing Marvel film to date by overtaking its predecessor.

Comment

rather than just taking US box office receipts into account, if you use the all time scale the list is a little different (4th)

Comment

Good to see the Oldboy remake crashed and burned!

I really dislike Spike Lee.

Comment

The second film of Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit” trilogy, ‘The Desolation of Smaug,’ launched in U.S. cinemas last night at midnight where it generated $8.8 million in preview runs. In comparison, the first of the trilogy “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” earned $13 million from midnight preview runs. Jackson has also revealed to EW exactly […]

The new Hobbit film has earnt a solid $8m from midnight showings, never the less its a not far off half what the previous film did at opening.

Comment

The North American home entertainment debut of the “Despicable Me” sequel has generated $80 million in consumer spending across both physical and digital sell-through formats in its first week of release. Approximately four-and-a-half million units were sold, making it the biggest animated title launch since the first film’s home vid release in 2010. It also […]

Despicable Me 2 does obscene home sales. I don't mind these films but can't fathom why they do so insanely well, for me nearly all its rivals are superior films

Comment

In its second week, Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug” managed to hold off comedy sequel “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues” which opened strong on Wednesday. ‘Smaug’ dropped 57% to $31.5 million, with a domestic total now at $127.5 million and worldwide one at a whopping $403.8 million. Opening on Wednesday, the “Anchorman” […]

Though initially down The Hobbit is doing brisk business now whilst Frozen continues to hold well. Anchorman 2 is doing steady business and Walking with Dinosaurs has tanked

Comment

Torrent Freak have unveiled their annual list of the most pirated movies of the year. As with their recent TV list, online streaming and cyberlocker downloads are not included since there are no public sources to draw data from. Holdovers from last Christmas understandably have generated the biggest numbers with Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit: An […]

And the Top 10 most pirated movies of the year are...

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 8.4 million
                                Django Unchained - 8.1 million
                                Fast And Furious 6 - 7.9 million
                                Iron Man 3 - 7.6 million
                                Silver Linings Playbook - 7.5 million
                                Star Trek Into Darkness - 7.4 million
                                Gangster Squad - 7.2 million
                                Now You See Me - 7.0 million
                                The Hangover Part 3 - 6.9 million
                                World War Z - 6.7 million

Comment

Working...