Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Splatfest coming in mid-July, then an update to let users create their own Splatfest rooms.

Comment

Panzer Dragoon! Looks amazing. I'm in and I really hope it leads to a version of the second game.

But it took a while to get to a game that I was interested in. I've already forgotten what else there was...

Edit: And FINALLY Animal Crossing! Can it be out now? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DELAYED!
      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 11-06-2019, 16:36.

Comment

Any Metroid news?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Any Metroid news?
          Not a mention, as far as I could see.

Comment

Oh dear Panzer Dragoon looks the horrid bastardised version from the West, I was expecting and dreading.
            Did like the look of Astral Chain mind that looked really cool

Comment

Panzer Dragoon looks awfully cheerful now - not sure if that’s a good thing, but it does look pretty nice generally.

What a shocker about BOTW having a sequel announced. It looks like it will rely on reusing some assets from the original and will have you questing alongside Zelda, so co-op seems likely.

Luigi’s Mansion 3 looks solid and is on track for this year. Honestly it’s closer to 2 than I’d like - I really wanted them to scale it up this time - but multiplayer looks fun.

Animal Crossing delayed - looks like in this one, ‘New Horizons’, you build your town from scratch.

Astral Chain looked cool. Def a B tier Platinum game but I’ll get it.

Comment

Not keen on the Panzer update. It looks more like The Phantom Menace than Panzer Dragoon. And I hate to be that guy but truthfully I want Saga or nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  Not keen on the Panzer update. It looks more like The Phantom Menace than Panzer Dragoon. And I hate to be that guy but truthfully I want Saga or nothing at all.
                  I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt as I love the series so much.

Comment

I think it looks pretty great. The original didn’t have as much to build on visually as the style really didn’t come into its own until the second so a lot of imagination is required in this remake (if you’ve forgotten, go looking for videos to see how crude the original was - still wonderful but limited by tech and not pushed like the sequel was). Given what they were building on, it looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post

What a shocker about BOTW having a sequel announced. It looks like it will rely on reusing some assets from the original and will have you questing alongside Zelda, so co-op seems likely.
                      Less than three years after the original BOTW, and it shows, and not in a good way.

I’m sure I’m in the minority but this just looks like a disappointing rehash of the BOTW engine that surely would’ve been better off as DLC? I personally would’ve preferred Nintendo wait 5 or 6 years before releasing a follow-up, as for all that BOTW does really well there are also flaws in it that a properly done sequel would surely refine and polish IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Less than three years after the original BOTW, and it shows, and not in a good way.

I’m sure I’m in the minority but this just looks like a disappointing rehash of the BOTW engine that surely would’ve been better off as DLC? I personally would’ve preferred Nintendo wait 5 or 6 years before releasing a follow-up, as for all that BOTW does really well there are also flaws in it that a properly done sequel would surely refine and polish IMO.
                        Well if you want to wait for a game, you can do that with Mario Kart 9 so I really feel all our needs are being met here.

Just did some googling and there were reports of this Panzer Dragoon last year that I either missed or had forgot (either is likely) and the cool thing about those reports is that the sequel is also supposed to be coming. Whatever about the visuals, the control of that game will be crucial as it was pretty perfect in terms of its timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Just did some googling and there were reports of this Panzer Dragoon last year that I either missed or had forgot (either is likely) and the cool thing about those reports is that the sequel is also supposed to be coming. Whatever about the visuals, the control of that game will be crucial as it was pretty perfect in terms of its timing.
                          Yeah, we'll have to see how that goes. PD was very good, but Zwei, as well as looking fantastic for the time, was actually a really great score-based shooter. Obviously the worry is that it might do a Nights, i.e. have a remake which only really understands the superficial aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                            Yeah, we'll have to see how that goes. PD was very good, but Zwei, as well as looking fantastic for the time, was actually a really great score-based shooter. Obviously the worry is that it might do a Nights, i.e. have a remake which only really understands the superficial aspects.
                            That’s exactly it. If it’s not really tight and doesn’t get the timing right, it could go really wrong even if it looks and sounds gorgeous. I found that with Orta, finding it far too loose and uncontrolled compared with Zwei even though it was amazing in some ways (I realise that’s just a personal opinion and it’s fine to love that game obvs).

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                              Well if you want to wait for a game, you can do that with Mario Kart 9 so I really feel all our needs are being met here..
                              Or...Nintendo could just make more of an effort and not be lazy? Again, it isn’t like a lot of time has passed since BOTW originally dropped, and it’s also not like BOTW is a tiny game. This just looks like DLC. At this rate, they honestly would’ve been better off with making an HD port of Skyward Sword instead - that would “meet needs” just as well.
                              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 11-06-2019, 20:02.

Comment

I initially thought the BOTW II reveal was DLC for the first game. It looked exactly the same. This is by no means a bad thing as Majora’s Mask pulled off the same stunt years ago, although that game did have a brand new world to explore. Is BOTW II going to use the same map I wonder? It’s a dicey teeth dryer to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X