Post any time you get ANYTHING retro 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
    Dead or Alive 2 is also a great game. I remember how amazing it was back in the day.
    I have the USA of DOA II that I got on its launch, always been after the JP version for the extra content. I'm quite amazed how much extra content been put in, to make up for the delay in Japan (with SONY Japan getting 6 months rights at the time)

Comment

I'm not particularly a fan of the series but I have many fond memories of DC DOA2.

Giant Gram is also overlooked. Absolute classic.

Ex-Mutants. I'd forgotten about that one as well.

That one post brought back so many memories. Thanks so much TA!

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        I'm not particularly a fan of the series but I have many fond memories of DC DOA2.
        I liked VF 3 more for a fighter, but I never forget how much of a gfx knock out DOA II was on its USA launch. It was most prob the best looking DC game out there and those multi stage backrounds were somthing else. I quite liked the Giant Gram series nice fun with some impressive graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
          I have the USA of DOA II that I got on its launch, always been after the JP version for the extra content. I'm quite amazed how much extra content been put in, to make up for the delay in Japan (with SONY Japan getting 6 months rights at the time)
          I had the Japanese version -- didn't know it had extra content. I also didn't know about Sony getting 6 months exclusivity in Japan.

I really like the DOA series. The graphics are always impressive and the action feels intense and satisfying.

Comment

The more expensive PS1 games safely turned up today, these 2 are pretty rare hell i couldn't even find iso images of them online to try before i took a risk on the originals, they don't appear on yahoo auctions japan that often at all or on ebay. Luckily for me though amazon japan had a couple of marketplace sellers who had them in stock and in decent condition. No fading to the cases no mashed up creased manuals and most importantly no huge scratches on the disks. It took a lot of research to find sellers with decent descriptions as they rarely show pics and when your paying nearly 9000 yen per game it's quite a risk, thankfully they were honest about condition. now have these 2 fantastic games to my library the extremely weird horror game kowai shashin & the totally messed up paranoiascape. Who would have thought the PS1 would have a 1st person pinball game and one that's pretty much a Terry Gilliam induced nightmare lol.

Just look at Paranoiascape its so messed up lol

Also The final couple of food related games, Charumera nd yakitori musume along with my copy of bust a move 2

Now my trilogy of food related games published by the developers media entertainment is now complete (seems they also did kowai shashin too)

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
              Just look at Paranoiascape its so messed up lol
              Now that does look like a game I'd enjoy playing. Love how crazily macabre it looks.

Comment

I was actually thinking the other day, when did marketing take over and we stopped getting these wacky games?

Imagine a dev team showing their marketing team a game like this nowerdays. It would get kicked into touch soooooooo fast.

Definitely miss seeing things like this

Comment

They moved into the indie realm when video games became big business.

Comment

Speedy is correct the weird stuff tends to be indie games now and mostly the really weird experimental stuff is on pc. Consoles don’t tend to get that many weird games nowdays. Even on Nintendo platforms it’s all gone a bit run of the mill. The DS was the last machine to get truly bonkers games from the Nintendo side for non Nintendo machines then its the ps2 although the ps1 library is rich with weird and fun games which is why I love it even now. Would love to get a ps2 so I could start rebuilding the collection I once had but now it’s going to be a expensive venture for me to try. In the meantime my current task is to build up my ps1 library, now onto getting a lot of the shooters parodius & twinbee are at the top of my list for next.

Comment

I bought this 94 page book from Hardcoregaming101 that's focused on the F-Zero and Star Fox series' of games. It also has articles on similar games for various consoles. It cost me £13 from Amazon UK. The paper quality is a bit poor -- and the screenshots are a bit dodgy, but it's not too bad. I wouldn't say it's a must-have book, even for fans of both series'. There's something a bit lacking when it comes to interesting stuff regarding Star Fox and F-Zero -- a few interviews would have been nice. Overall, I'd say it's a reasonable book but nothing to get excited about.
                      Last edited by Leon Retro; 13-03-2019, 14:18.

Comment

Playstation box protectors finally arrived from retroprotection.com a little more expensive due to importing from the states than locally sourced ones but Dan has my custom ever since he was the first one out there on the entire net that made japanese GC box protectors. Decent quality and the flaps lock perfectly, due to ps1 games been in several odd sizes had to order 3 lots of protectors, some for standard cases and some for the fatter gen 1 cases and a handful for the double disk cases. They look pretty smart when on and will stop the cases getting pretty scuffed from shelf wear, have to admit they look pretty awesome with the ability to have the spinecard on them. Makes me wish now i had all my games with spinecards lol im now corrupted.

Last edited by importaku; 16-03-2019, 22:53.

Comment

How is Geppy X?

Comment

An hour or two of popping up protectors and my entire PS1 collection is now safely encased, it's not like i'm wanging them down the stairs or anything but it will keep them more protected than they have been. The entirety of my PS1 collection so far, an eclectic mix of games but a perfect showcase of why i love the PS1 library. Not even remotely close to wrapping up collecting for it yet there's a lot of games i want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Marius View Post
                              How is Geppy X?
                              While it's not the greatest out of the vast library of high calibre PS1 shooters it's certainly unique & a hell of a lot of fun, they totally nailed the feel of trying to emulate a saturday morning cartoon. What other game has commercial breaks between levels hehe i love that game.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                                Playstation box protectors finally arrived from retroprotection.com a little more expensive due to importing from the states than locally sourced ones but Dan has my custom ever since he was the first one out there on the entire net that made japanese GC box protectors. Decent quality and the flaps lock perfectly, due to ps1 games been in several odd sizes had to order 3 lots of protectors, some for standard cases and some for the fatter gen 1 cases and a handful for the double disk cases. They look pretty smart when on and will stop the cases getting pretty scuffed from shelf wear, have to admit they look pretty awesome with the ability to have the spinecard on them. Makes me wish now i had all my games with spinecards lol im now corrupted.

+1 for Dan!

Comment

Working...
                                X