No announcement yet.

Raspberry Pi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got one running as a music server (original B) and another being set up as a mock electric car charger station for work.

Comment

Have a few pi's here, one in the living room as a media center for mum so she doesn't have to use her laptop for watching films i download for her.

And a couple in my room one is running as a 3DS streetpass relay and the other is a retropie emulator box for when i don't feel like having the pc on. At some point i;ll end up with another to make a LED ambilight for the back of my tv.

Comment

I haven't jumped on this trend yet but it does seem quite interesting in terms of emulation. How is it with MAME and what are some of the most powerful games it can play (Mars Matrix perchance?).

I've been thinking of making a bartop arcade cabinet and if this is powerful enough I'll use it as I was considering using a laptop.

Comment

The Raspberry Pi 3 is out today, with wifi and bluetooth built in and an upgraded CPU: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/ras...-pi-3-on-sale/

Comment

Quite impressive specs now. Still amazed with the Pi Zero I picked up in December, such a small form factor.

Comment

Raspberry Pi 3 B+

• A 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
              • Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
              • Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
              • Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
              • Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
              • Improved thermal management

I would post a pic, but they all look the same to me....

Not a huge upgrade, but there you go.

Comment

Nice. Never did get around to getting the 3rd one. I've got a Pi1 on PiHole duties, but a redundant Pi2 due to Samsung Smart TV Apps being really good.

Comment

When it comes to a Pi with retropie, would I be right in thinking the only difference between all the ones available on eBay is what’s set up in the SD card? I want one for the small form factor, but worried I’ll buy one only for it to be poorly set up with ****ty filters etc by people who don’t know how retro games should look.

Comment

Don't bother with buying RetroPie builds from eBay. Just search Google for arcadepunks.com retro-pi-downloads-page and burn one to a micro SD card with Etcher.

Comment

Will the emulators be preconfigured [MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION]?

Comment

Yes, they're complete images - check out MadLittlePixel's channel on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                          Will the emulators be preconfigured @MartyG?
                          Let me know if you're after it for use on a CRT Colin and I can advise if you fancy. As you know I've got custom builds for arcade cabs crts and pvms etc. I've used all sorts from vga hats to custom scart cables. If you're just after hdmi though it's very straightforward though and that's isn't really my area of expertise.
                          3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Thanks guys. It’ll be for modern TV’s, I travel for work a lot so looking for an easy to pack solution. I already have a 64gb SD card and two 8bitdo pads, so do I only need to buy the Pi and a case for it, or do I need other bits? (Besides a psu/hdmi)

Comment

You shouldn't need anything else. A wireless keyboard/mouse combo can be handy, but not essential.

Comment

Well, I finally got round to buying a 3B+, which came with what must be the most finicky case to build possible. I can’t believe how tiny it is considering what it can do!

Comment

Working...
                                X