The best ever top-down racers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
    You like the NES game betrer than the Gameboy game Boris?
    It was Super RC Pro Am I had for gameboy, never played the NES one.

Comment

I think Mashed and it's semi sequel are incredibly good, particularly with 4 players. All the earlier efforts are redundant by comparison. The new sequel to Mashed has been endlessly delayed.

Comment

A good stop for anyone into these right now are some of the player-made content on Little Big Planet 2. Just saying, there's some excellent top-down stuff on there, Just check for the best rated micro-machine style racers...anyway, sorry! Carry on...

Comment

My on-topic contribution: Super Sprint and Super Sprint 2, Arcade. Unbeatable fun, with those massive spin-round wheels!

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
            My on-topic contribution: Super Sprint and Super Sprint 2, Arcade. Unbeatable fun, with those massive spin-round wheels!
            The arcade machines were hilarious with those never-ending steering wheels. In a moment of madness, Logitech should release them for consoles.

Comment

Great 1000 Mile Rally is amazing, one of the best. Mashed is also amazing, probably my fav game out of the lot.

I like Micro Machines but for some reason I always got bored of it quickly.

Comment

That green orb power up in Micro Machines was the best haha.
                Countless times that caused moments of pure rage and frustration!

Comment

Has to be the R.C Pro-Am games for the NES and the Gameboy. It's been years since I've played either of them, but I'm sure I remember the GB version being the easier of the two.

Comment

Most of my choices have already been mentioned in the thread. I would also like to give props to Slicks on the C64. Coded by the legendary Ash and Dave, and published by Codemasters, I think you can agree that this might be where the idea of licensing Micro Machines as a racer came from...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Super Cars II on the Amiga

Driift Mania on Wii

Comment

Also, I've never played this, but can anyone tell me if RC De GO! on PS1 is as good as it looks?

Comment

Looks great and I love the sound!

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                            Looks great and I love the sound!
                            It really does.

The announcer sounds like the same guy from Ridge Racer.

Comment

Didn't we have an NTSC-UK Re: Play about this?

Anyway, I agree with everything said thus far, especially The Great 1000 Mile Rally, Micro Machines V3, and Mashed.

Can't wait for wrecked!

Neo Drift-Out is great too.

However as TTK said, anybody in this thread should be treating themselves to Little Racers Street.

It's only 80 MS points and is great! I stayed up far too late last night trying to win just *one* more race...

Comment

Loved Micro Machines back in the day, can't remember which one on the Mega Drive it was we played though. I really like Power Drive Rally on the Jaguar myself, awesome graphics and decent sense of speed:

Comment

Working...
                                X