The best ever top-down racers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best ever top-down racers?

Inspired by the recent and excellent Motorstorm RC, let's hear and see (YouTube vids) what you think were/are great top-down racing games...

Discuss.

Micro Machines 96 on Megadrive. Surely it's easily the best and I just won the thread?

Comment

Yeah I instantly thought of the Micro Machines franchise too. From the Megadrive game DT posted to V3 on the Playstation and Micro Maniacs too.
      I suppose before that you had Skidmarks which was a bit of a classic and later on you had Circuit Breakers on the Playstation again. Can't think of many others...

Comment

Yeah Micro Machines is the obvious one. I think I liked 2 Turbo on the SNES the best.

Not sure this'll count as top down but I absolutely loved Racing Gears Advance. There was a 1/4 page mention of it in a gaming mag (think it was NOM) and I knew I wanted it just from that. Put so many hours into it on my SP and Micro, really need to get it again...

Comment

Rock n Roll Racing on SNES was excellent.

Comment

Super sonic racers

and it better sequel Circuit Breakers

Comment

Rush Rush Rally Racing's not a bad effort on the Dreamcast

Rock 'N Roll Racing definitely

Death Rally on the PC

Comment

Well there a few, Super R.C. Pro-Am,Ivan 'Ironman' Stewart's Super Off Road and skidmarks.

Comment

RC Pro Am and Super Skidmarks Spring to mind.

Comment

The guys behind most of the Micro Machines games and Supersonic Racers (and the amazing Cosmic Spacehead) have made a new top down racer called Wrecked Revenge Revisited - http://www.wearewrecked.com/

I'd love to play it, but I don't buy digital content on principle.

Comment

I really like Mashed and it's follow up. Pretty much the last overhead racer I really enjoyed, although I have enjoyed various Micro Machines games, Super Sprint, Badlands and Iron Man Stewart's Off Road Racer in the past.

Comment

You should all be playing Little Racers STREET. One of the best top-down racers I've ever played, and costs like 50p.

That aside, yeah, big MM fan. MMV3 will always be the highlight for me though. Partly because of the coooool menus, partly because it's just faster.

Comment

Anyone remember Great 1000 Mile Rally?

Comment

You like the NES game betrer than the Gameboy game Boris?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                              The guys behind most of the Micro Machines games and Supersonic Racers (and the amazing Cosmic Spacehead) have made a new top down racer called Wrecked Revenge Revisited - http://www.wearewrecked.com/

I'd love to play it, but I don't buy digital content on principle.
                              You should make a news thread, people will freak out when they see a new game from the people that made Mashed.

Comment

Working...
                              X