No announcement yet.

Journey [PSN]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, seem to remember there's a trophy for a luxuriantly long scarf and avoiding the nasty things.

Comment

Do we really need the opinions of the two members here who scored this 1/10? I say ban them. Then stone them. Then burn them.

Comment

^ Just realized I hadn't voted! Gave a 10 of course, because that is the righteous score.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          Do we really need the opinions of the two members here who scored this 1/10? I say ban them. Then stone them. Then burn them.
          Banning comes last; I want to hear their screams as they burn.

Comment

I have just played this and no game has made me feel such wonder for a long time. The music is hauntingly beautiful and the art style is magical.

I lost myself for the entirety of the game, truly absorbed by getting to the mountain and sharing that journey with my companion. If there was a game with the most soul I would have to pick this one as the designers clearly are well connected with theirs.

Comment

Yeah, it's a magical and evocative experience and maybe my favourite game this gen. Don't usually go for games that are more experience than gameplay but, man, Journey is special.

Comment

It is the closest to a dream I have played.

Comment

idiots! a one out of ten would be a game so broken and badly made it comes across as an unplayable mess that looks auful and has no redeeming features whatsoever, i see one out of tens on quite a lot of these polls its just trolling really

Comment

Finally got the chance to play and finish this recently, one of the best games I've played in a while despite it's relatively short length. I don't play games as much as I used to, mainly because the vast majority of new releases do next to nothing for me, but titles like this that crop up once in a while are always a joy to come across. Awesome stuff, and a great soundtrack to boot aswell.

Comment

Playing this game is like meeting God. The world fades away and nothing else matters.

Comment

Playing this game is like meeting God. The world fades away and nothing else matters.
                        Quoted for truth.

Comment

Downloaded the PS4 remaster but it's not quite as good as the original.

The jump to 1080p hasn't done it any favours. The sand doesn't look as sandy, textures lack grain, as a result everything looks a little more artificial, a little less earthy. The audio has been heavily normalised too which really detracts from the drama at certain points compared to the original. Thankfully however, every little trick, exploit, advanced flying/running technique and exit glitch is present so that's a huge relief and the main reason many players enjoy summiting the mountain again and again.

Would have preferred a straight port if I'm honest, but even so, it remains a joy to play and is still a uniquely, evocative experience.
                          Last edited by Zen Monkey; 23-07-2015, 13:40.

Comment

My first time to play this as for some odd reason did not get the PS3 version. Looks very nice on PS4 sand effects and lighting are amazing some of the set pieces are truly breath Taking and share button has been used quite a bit. Love it the way seems different players can have their own story that happen and so random meeting other player. The sand sliding stuff was really relaxing nice game to play no stress.

Comment

Working...
                            X