No announcement yet.

Little Things That Make You Smile 6: Nowhere To Go But Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange one today. Got on my bus for work at 13.24 this aft, was told it would have to terminate near the bus station due to a 'protest'. Which meant a sweaty, twenny minute primarily uphill hike to the hosp, where I'd arrived all stankin and disgustingly sweaty but only five minutes late when I'd phoned in and said ten.

Anyhoo, finish my shift and end up in the pub after for a few and there's all these lesbians having a do in this side bit of the bar and a lot of them are wearing matching 'lesbian and proud' typa t-shirts. There were loads and they were proper rowdy. Like rolling drunk and being horrible to the female glass collectors. Anyway, as always, I was watching through Attenborough eyes and was both amused and fascinated.

Glass collector came up once they were all gone and told us they were protesting against trannies in town, earlier. That's what that 'protest' was, why I had to traipse 20mins uphill to work, ending up a sweaty smelly fuc all shift. Lesbians protesting about trannies. Had to laugh.

It got me thinking about prejudice in a world of people prejudiced against. Prejudice will always find prejudice. It's nutz as fugz.

Aaaaaah, the complexities of social engineering.

Comment

The word 'prejudice' got me thinking of old Tweedy Bird Loc albums. Have a slice of vintage g-funkery:

Comment

*and I also recently learned Tommy Robinson had a march up Leeds this afty, too. Tbh, I'm guessing it was THAT what caused my 20min sweaty, pissed-off yomp to work, early on today.

I'm...I'm guessing there were a lot more people at Tommy's thang. A lot. A lot, lot, lot, lot, lot...

...lot, lot, lot, lot, bambaaahr-clot...

I'm apologising to the anti-tranny lesbians right now.

It's because...the side room of that pub could probably house thirty five lesbians, max. Briggate, Leeds, could likely house several thousand Tommy Robinson aficionados.

Comment

There were about 40 TR supporters in that march....

Comment

Someone at work said it was more like 30. And they ended up in the Becketts Bank Wetherspoons being quite mediocre and untroublesome.

That's 60 people stopping an entire bus service from entering the city.

They had Arriva on its knees...and me on my feet...for about eighteen bastard minutes more than I needed to.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
              They had Arriva on its knees...and me on my feet...for about eighteen bastard minutes more than I needed to
              Beautiful lyrics

Comment

Loving the Borderlands advert on Instagram (poolside)

Comment

Outlook turned eBay into DD-Bay: Topless busty babe mysteriously fronts souk's emails

Comment

QC's avatar.

Comment

The beguiling atmosphere of the first Dark Souls. And I'm talking 360 and PS3 vershzez here.

I just wazzed my Microsoft points on DS3 with all the DLC for about 17squid and I played it but wasn't anywhere near as impressed or mooded-out as I'd felt when I first played Dark Souls 1 back in t'day.

So I re-DLed my old 360 copy of DS1, which is BC on 'Bone.

There is something about the first Dark Souls. Demon's Souls had oodles of class and primal, genius beauty about it. But I forget how it starts.

Dark Souls? You start off in a cell like Oblivion. Except, rather than a dull, endless dungeon full of rats...you instead pass a memorable, greasy corridor with a few passive zomboes in it. And all you can hear is stormy wind and the clank of metal, no choonz.

Once you get up that corridor, place feels like a proper dangerous castle, the walls feel old and oily, like real stone, waxy limestone, many of the textures do a stunning job of creating an organic, raw sense of world. It's such an atmospheric game.

It's got that *something* about it. A poetry. A connect.

It's good. A good thing. Now to devote a proper chunk of time to these beasts. These amazing beasts of games.

Comment

My mum has had biopsies this year after finding some pre-cancerous cells and had a big one recently and got the results today. No cancer found at all and can have her next big treatment without radiotherapy so super stoked and happy for her.

They chose her birthday to give her the results that sucks but all good news

Comment

I tweeted out a pic of my Fighting Fantasy books. It was retweeted into a stranger’s timeline. He spotted that he had a few I was missing and, for no other reason than kindness, he sent them to me. That’s pretty amazing.

Comment

Now he knows your address. Your entire collection will disappear one night. You probably won't wake up either. Fun times!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                Now he knows your address. Your entire collection will disappear one night. You probably won't wake up either. Fun times!
                                Dark time indeed. Next time, tweet from someone else's house!

Comment

Working...
                                X