No announcement yet.

Kickstarter thread and what would you like to see kickstarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steamboat Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan.
    Explore, collect, craft and fight in an exciting adventure-RPG with a 1930s cartoon art style inspired by classic Disney cartoons, a variety of challenging creature encounters and an endless amount of discovery, both by land and sea!

"Steamboat Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is a single-player adventure-RPG set in a vintage Disney-esque universe in which you must befriend creatures, sail the dark seas and fight monsters in order to bring color back to monochromatic world.

The terrible Leviathan and his cronies have cursed the realm, leaving its inhabitants in colorless chaos and fear! The game strongly emphasizes sea exploration akin to: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and also contains creature collection, training and strategic turn-based battling systems similar to the classic Pokémon games.

Steamboat Billy's unique and dynamic art style grew out of our love of classic 1930s American cartoon aesthetics. We have re-mixed these vintage cartoon graphics, adding hints of Japanese anime to our characters and implemented modern animation techniques to enhance the game's visual effects."

Comment

Horror Themed Fighting game https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...of-the-legends

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
        That game looks very familiar...

Comment

Right. This is really taking the p**s now. It’s time to shut cloud imperium games down and launch a full on investigation into this black hole of a money pit.

Star citizen is never coming out.

Comment

It's an awkward one. I don't begrudge them selling a $27k DLC pack if there are people rich and dumb enough to give them the money. But the side that they're yet to deliver the product them promised is the key issue.

It's a half and half project. There's clearly some legitimacy to the game as they do communicate and deliver content which is more than many other projects end up delivering, but at the same time they're hugely in breach of the original crowdfunding effort. They basically need to look back to the original pitch and stop developing any element that isn't relevant to getting to that state. Even if the game didn't formally release for another year or two after that at least contributors would have been given what they'd paid for.

I suspect though that it's being drawn out more because they fully know that once the game is released they'll get an initial promotion and then it'll die off to lower levels of income than they have now and they'll never repeat this for Star Citizen 2. It's like builders taking their time building a house, they could finish it and sell it on now but they drag it out because the market favours them taking as long as possible. Though despite the success they've had, their approach is making an official release harder and harder to deliver successfully because the userbase is exhausting the content so in advance of that date. If they get the three further world expansions done in the next 9 months and can get S42 done in time for the final update they should aim for an official release then too.

Comment

The whole thing is a huge con and needs to be investigated plain and simple. 6 years, coming up 7, and not even a end in sight for the base game, let alone all the toot capped on to open up more wallets.

Comment

I want to kickstart the end of kickstarting. Paradoxical or what.

Comment

I'd never kickstart anything. There are more than enough games that don't require upfront risk.

Comment

Side-scrolling brawler board game!

Comment

Wreckfest is a demolition derby themed racing game with soft-body damage modeling, sophisticated driving dynamics and in-depth vehicle upgrading, featuring both demolition derbies and more traditional track races. It’s all about fun, breakneck racing and over-the-top crashes.

Finally a racer makes it to a finished state. The long gestating Wreckfest fully releases next Thursday on PC and in November on PS4 and XBO

Comment

Hellbound got funded, just I did not back the game in the end as this part of the blurb i am really not keen on.

But we want to make a much bigger game, and that’s why we’re here on Kickstarter. We need your support and a base target of $40,000, so we can:

Finish the Survival Mode version with new enemies and items.
                        Create the Heroes’ Cemetery for all of our lovely backers.
                        Design one first level of the Single Player Campaign, and then try to convince investors to complete the funds for the entire campaign.

Comment

I’d like a reboot of Wizball. With waggle on the Wii or full PSVR implementation.

Either would do.

Meep*

*you know the sound.

Comment

I always got mixed up between Wizball and Wizbit

Comment

Yes, yes, one hundred times yes.

Comment

It’s a great idea but surely only compatible with Ikaruga ?

Comment

Working...
                                X