Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
    Really enjoying it so far, watched the Dolphin episode last night
    Just started that. I wonder what'll happen...

Comment

I'm 3 eps in and can't really fault it so far ... well, Karl Urban's wandering accent, but I can live with that.

Comment

They comment rather a lot in the later episodes that he is British. The bloke almost fell of his chair for laughing.

Very good, very grim series, LOVED it, want to see more.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          I'm 3 eps in and can't really fault it so far ... well, Karl Urban's wandering accent, but I can live with that.
          Yep! His accent lasted about ten seconds before it flew back to Australia.

I was thinking they should've just made him Australian but I'd forgotten about his bulldog and whatnot.

Comment

... (New Zealand)

Comment

Whoops!

Making fun of the kind of person who'd tell someone to fly back where they came from, I became that person.

Comment

Enjoying The Boys loads. Urban is such a good Butcher the accent doesn't matter ... kiwi/cockney mash-up, it doesn't matter. He's class. The show is class. I can't imagine a better adaptation of what is a pretty extreme comic book series. Trying to pace myself so the 8 eps aren't over too soon (got 3 left to watch). Preacher didn't quite get it right in my opinion ... but this is spot-on.
                Last edited by Atticus; 31-07-2019, 09:43.

Comment

I watched and enjoyed the first episode of The Boys last night.

Comment

Netflix is becoming well known for cancelling well regarded shows after their third season of late so naturally when they have a show that really should have ended after the first run and no-one asked for more they hand out an early renewal for the fourth and final run with 13 Reasons Why which must be on Reason 39 by now

Comment

Enjoying The Boys loads. Urban is such a good Butcher the accent doesn't matter ... kiwi/cockney mash-up, it doesn't matter. He's class. The show is class. I can't imagine a better adaptation of what is a pretty extreme comic book series. Trying to pace myself so the 8 eps aren't over too soon (got 3 left to watch). Preacher didn't quite get it right in my opinion ... but this is spot-on.
                      Agreed! I also wanted to pace myself but ended up watching an episode a day.

Did you finish Preacher? I had the same feeling about it until season 3 knocked it out of the park.

Comment

I went totally against my own pacing preferences and watched all three last eps on Friday night. I don't normally like binging anything ... especially the good stuff I want to savour, but I couldn't help it. It's one of the best comic book adaptations I've seen, tv or film. The changes made to certain post devices work for the better too. Can't really fault it.

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                        Did you finish Preacher? I had the same feeling about it until season 3 knocked it out of the park.
                        I didn't. But I'm going to start again from season 2 ep 1. I drifted away at the mid-way point of S2 for some reason but maybe I'm more in the zone now.

Comment

I went totally against my own pacing preferences and watched all three last eps on Friday night. I don't normally like binging anything ... especially the good stuff I want to savour, but I couldn't help it. It's one of the best comic book adaptations I've seen, tv or film. The changes made to certain post devices work for the better too. Can't really fault it.
                          Just came to say a similar thing.

We're only 4 episodes in. I didn't think the missus would stay the course as it's pretty gory in places, but the story has got her.

If you have Prime, you can download The Boys Part 1 with Prime Reading. You can read it on any device with the Kindle app - Kindle, phone, tablet or PC.

Had a quick look as I've not read it for a while and I'd forgotten how puerile it is.
                          Butcher's relationship with CIA contact Susan Raynor is depicted in the comic as a mutual hatred, but they have angry sex a lot in a teenage boy's fantasy way.
                          In the series, it's an affair that they both want and the passing of information is much more believable.

The treatment of Starlight/Annie is a lot better in the series too. She's facing the same kind of humiliations of the comic, but she's handling them in a much stronger way. It'll be interesting to see how her character evolves in the show as he already wary of their behaviour.

In the comic, Starlight is blackmailed into joining The Seven by pleasuring three of the heroes, with no repurcussions, whereas in the show it's just The Deep and although he gets away with it at first, he's increasingly distanced from the group.

Post-Weinstein, these things have to be reconsidered as to what's funny, when it's more than a casting couch "joke", it's reality.

Disney deleted sexual misconduct scene from latest ‘Toy Story 2’ release

Comment

The Boys is a pretty unique show in that it puts super heroes into our current universe in a really believable way. If you fancy seeing a show that focuses on super hero's that are corporate sponsored celebritys, but also power abusing sociopaths with god complexes then this is for you.

The real world parallels is pretty bloody scary too, using Fear mongering and Region as a excuse to stir up racism against immigrants to grab power is exactly whats going on with our current politicians here and in America.

Comment

Amazon and Paramount Television are developing a TV series adaptation of Paul W.S. Anderson’s super gory and still impressively production designed 1997 sci-fi horror film “Event Horizon”. Philip Eisner penned the film in which a spaceship that disappeared after testing an experimental gravity drive re-appears years later in orbit around Neptune. A rescue crew and […]

Amazon have begun development on a series based reboot of the 1997 film Event Horizon

Comment

Trailer for Titans: Season 02

The long-speculated streaming bundle of the new streaming services Disney+ and ESPN+ along with Disney-owned Hulu has now been announced as part of the Mouse House’s quarterly earnings call today. For $12.99 a month subscribers can access all three services, though Hulu’s live TV plan is not included in the bundle. On their own, Disney+ […]

Disney have announced that US subscribers can sign up to pay $12.99 per month for access to Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ combined. Disney will also be making Disney+ available via Amazon Prime, Apple subscriptions and more.

They will likely end up as reboots rather than sequels but for now Disney has also revealed that in effect Disney+ will receive new films such as:

-Night at the Museum 4
                                -Cheaper by the Dozen 3

and brace yourselves for the Megaton...

Home Alone 6

Comment

Working...
                                X