Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
    What's the graphic update like buddy?
    I think it looks really good man!! I mean there's a few kinks such as the video and menu's still being 4:3, but generally speaking its a wonderful update!

Comment

Cheers, one on the list then

Comment

Got this yesterday for X360. I had no problems what so ever with the controls on DMC4 and most of my friends are on 360, so it wasn't that hard of a choice.

Menus & movies are 4:3 lo-rez blur fests, but the games look great.

I played until Agni & Ruda (Is that his name?) and a bit after in DMC3 and it is still a masterpiece. Yes, the camera does irritate me some, but it's no big deal. Going for Swordmaster style first, just like I did on PS2. I had a really hard time learning Royal Guard last time, but will definitely give it another shot this time. In theory it's the coolest style of all. I did chicken out and started the game the noob continue system. Happy I did, because apparently my skills have deteriorated

Started up DMC2 just to see if it is as bad as I remember it and the answer is 'yes'. Punching bag enemies that don't attack back ... Will give it another shot, but mostly for research purposes.

Looking forward to trying out the original DMC tonight. Haven't played that for a very long time.

One thing becomes clear when playing this collection. Nero's Devil Bringer in DMC4 was a really smart design choice. I miss it all the time while replaying DMC3. I rewatched the DMC5 trailer and it looks like Ninja Theory are giving Dante a similar gadget. Good.

All in all, a good purchase. It's a bit sad that the games that get me the most interested are reissues of last-gen games ... Rez, Prince of Persia SOT, Ico/Colossus, Jet Set Radio, DMC3 ...

Comment

Started this up last night and decided to start at the beginning and work my way through so DMC1 was up. Forgot how simple a game it is really, I've still got a bit of upgrading to go but compared to later entries there's little depth to the gameplay and it's very hard to get lost, some of the missions are almost mere seconds long. It's fun but I'm kind of glad it's so short as looking back as it was style over substance. Still, DMC3 is the real treat in here.

Comment

Brings back good memories , Devil May Cry was first my game on PS2 .... still keep that copy .... wonder when it was played last time ??? Hmmm but perhaps it's a good idea to get HD collection

Comment

Finished DMC now, had forgotten how manic the last couple of missions are. Gonna do a game in between each DMC to break it up a bit. DMC2 awaits.

Comment

Started DMC2 and its a reminder as to why it's weaker than the others. I guess I can see what they were thinking of when they made it but it just didn't work at all. I can live with the enemies dopeyness. It would have been worse at the time but now it can be overlooked as a bonus feature of a DMC and DMC3 collection, the more open environments really hurt this game a lot though with the humour, extravagance and art style all absent. People worry about the DMC reboot but it surely can't miss the boat as much as DMC2 did.

Comment

The fact that DMC2 was rubbish had nothing to do with open environment or dopey enemies. The developers simply ruined the way the game played by taking the originals brilliant mechanics and turning them inside out and dumbing them down. The result was just a load of dull and mindless button mashing.

Comment

I thought DMC2 was actually just a re-skin of a completely different game that was in development because DMC did so well and Capcom wanted to get a sequel out quickly?

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

*Double post

Comment

Finished DMC1 and DMC2 with both Lucia and Dante the other day.

DMC1 is still a classic, although as mentioned, it is much simpler than I remember it being- at least in comparison to 3.

I flew through 2 purely because I felt I should, and it is quite poor, but still enjoyable in a mindless way. Just so many criticisms though, practically no story, Dantes character has changed, Lucia was pointless, wide open spaces with aimless running about, enemies to high in the sky constantly, unoriginal pointless bosses, too easy, no need to do anything other than fire guns constantly to win.... I could go on, but I'm sure in the past many already have.

Looking forward to 3 again, but after a game time easily in the 100's after playing 3 and 3:SE, I'm a little apprehensive at the same time.

Comment

I finished 2 last night and did about a third of 3 but lost my progress and can't be bothered redoing it. Going from 1&2 to 3 is like night and day. The difference in control is immense and it feels so much better to play.

Comment

I'm looking into this on the cheap. Own all 3 on PS2 never finished 2 as not really a fan, and got right near the end of 3, unfortunately had it on hard mode as have the Japanese version. Will maybe look to pick this up and will def buy DmC, still need Z.O.E HD too. Nice to hear the graphics on this have been updated a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X