No announcement yet.

Code of Princess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's good The characters and the dialogue are genuinely funny and I'm greatly enjoying working through the story and cutting through swathes of bad guys. I didn't play Guardian Heroes and the fighting system is all a bit new, but it seems solid and pretty easy to get on top of. Code of Princess seems perfect for commuting too. Looks nice, good music, fun old skool game.

Comment

I'm disappointed TBH. It's nowhere near as fluid as Guardian Heroes. It might be because of the three rails. It's just like a bunch of short missions with some filler in-between.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thread resurrection!
        I'v just got Code Of Princess EX on the Switch and played for a short while.
        From what I remember of the original it plays exactly as that, plus there's local and online multiplayer (both co-op and versus). A quick tab at multiplayer revealed just me and one other guy playing co-op and noone for versus.
        Other than that the game is almost straight from the 3DS, nothing much has been reworked for the Switch release. Portraits and videos look shap, but in-game sprites...oh boy. They look terrible. There's no anti-aliasing applied to them resulting in incredibly ugly jaggies all over the place.
        Voice samples sound kinda muffled, as again they were simply taken from the 3DS version and nothing else.

Comment

I've played EX some more and I've started to recall things from the original game.
          Code Of Princess EX is not simply a port but it also reworks some key mechanics. For example in the 3DS game you could boost stats as you saw fit, while in EX character progression is linear based on level ups and boosted by equipment.
          Character stats are different: Mind controlled magic defence and offence, and in EX these are separate. I think speed is gone.
          You can only burst a limited number of times during a stage, the biggest and right now controversial change to the game: I'm now trying to pass a stage where you have to kill 10 enemies and then the boss, and all enemies are high HP, defence, high offence knights. I'd wish I could burst to make this portion of the mission shorter, but I can't because I need to save bursts for the boss.
          I'll play some more to see if these changes make sense.

Comment

Working...
          X