User Tag List

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SSD was the most noticeable upgrade I've ever had.

I have to say, just purchased a new lappy (Samsung NP900X1B) and the boot up time with the SSD is immense, I can be using firefox within 30 seconds. Takes about a second to wake from sleep too
    Gets a 7.4 on Windows experience so the 7.9 drives must be crazy fast.
    One weird thing is the machine doesn't seem to handle video any better than my last (Acer 1810tz). Maybe I've got some power saving stuff turned on by accident but definitely seems odd given that the Windows experience rating is 4.7 over the Acers 3.2, with the i5 scoring 6.3 over the SU4100's 4.3 or so...

Quote Originally Posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
    I have to say, just purchased a new lappy (Samsung NP900X1B) and the boot up time with the SSD is immense, I can be using firefox within 30 seconds. Takes about a second to wake from sleep too
    One weird thing is the machine doesn't seem to handle video any better than my last (Acer 1810tz). Maybe I've got some power saving stuff turned on by accident but definitely seems odd given that the Windows experience rating is 4.7 over the Acers 3.2, with the i5 scoring 6.3 over the SU4100's 4.3 or so...
    That Windows Experience rating seems to be a bit jippy. I tested my PC a little while back and it said 7.8 for my 4.5Ghz i7, 7.8 for my 6870, 7.9 for ram and 7.9 for my SSD.

Now it says 7.8, 7.9 (580), 7.9 and 7.4. I'd love to know how it's magically dropped half a point!

You probably want the right config.

http://haruhichan.com/wpblog/?p=205 Is what I use.

Also don't worry about the Windows score, that benchmark was made around 2006 and is redundant now.
    Last edited by speedlolita; 28-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Isn't compiling up to the processor, unless the code is huge and calls for a lot of external references?
    Well I was thinking of all the #included files plus the writing of object code. Processors are so fast now that the hard drive might be the bottleneck. Google is required.

Just putting the final touches to a fresh Windows install to a SSD. Bloody hell this thing is so much faster - as SpeedLolly said above it's probably the most noticeable upgrade from any PC hardware I've ever bought.

Just wish I could have got disc imaging to work - reinstalling all over again is such a PITA.

Finally got round to upgrading my graphics card.

Opted for 6870 over a 6850 as I figure this will be the last major upgrade I make for a long time - plus I'll need the extra frames when I play Crysis 2.

6870 next to my trusty 4890 OC.

Quite surprised these were the same size; I read in a few places the 6870 was bigger.

Sounds amazing need to get an SSD PC/Laptop.

Another one for SSD.

My main HDD died so I had to reload the OS anyway. Bought a 120gb model and the speed difference is incredible. I have about 60gb free after win7 install as I've put most other program's on the second HDD.

Easily the biggest noticeable upgrade and it bumped my PC windows experience up to 6.9?