User Tag List

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 249
  1. #201
    They usually have an audio out, because HDMI and DP can carry audio signals; you connect the monitor with one of those and then the speakers to the monitor rather than on the computer. If it has an audio in it should have speakers.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    They usually have an audio out, because HDMI and DP can carry audio signals; you connect the monitor with one of those and then the speakers to the monitor rather than on the computer. If it has an audio in it should have speakers.
    Sometimes this is because they have a proprietary port, with a special set of speakers you can buy that bolts onto the monitor. Some DELL monitors work like that.

  3. #203
    Yeah, it's weird. There has to be an audio out somewhere but I don't see one. Just a mysterious audio in. I'll go looking in the manual - the last resort of a desperate man.

    It has a HDMI port, DVI, VGA, audio in jack and then just the power DC hole thingy.

    Edit: Hang on, mystery solved. It does in fact have two tiny little speakers built in. The listing on the site says it didn't have any. Haven't heard any sound from them yet but might play with it later.
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 05-02-2016 at 12:59 PM.

  4. #204
    By default your PC will be using the audio on your motherboard I imagine but you could switch it to using the HDMI.

  5. #205
    Bought some Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm to replace my AKG K701 which require an amplifier to be used with absolutely anything. The sound stage of the K701 was pretty incredible but I'm really liking these 'phones so far.

  6. #206


    *cue verbal explosion noise*

    Just waiting for the new 11/20 series GTX to hit, rather than get bummed by scalpers.

  7. #207
    How much to get my pc vr capable?

    I5 at 4.5ghz (could go to 5 if necessary)
    8gb ram
    Gtx580

    Basically do I just need a new GPU or does the cpu need changing too?

  8. #208
    You should be okay for low to mid VR. Your GPU is fine.

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post


    *cue verbal explosion noise*

    Just waiting for the new 11/20 series GTX to hit, rather than get bummed by scalpers.
    Didnít go high end ryzen Dave? I would have though they would be better for design.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Didn’t go high end ryzen Dave? I would have though they would be better for design.
    It'd take some miraculous levels of performance for me to switch from Intel. Besides, I only really use Photoshop 95% of the time with Atom and Chrome/Firefox taking up the other 5%. My six year-old i7 is more than capable of fulfilling me needs however I need another computer if my wife is going to start joining in and helping me, which is what I need more than anything as it's been over a month since I've had a day off.

    The above still sits all boxed up (apart from the monitor which I set up right away). I've just not had the time to start building.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •