User Tag List

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    So basically get one of these: https://www.ebuyer.com/797214-kingst...-skc1000h-240g Which lets me put M2 chips into my own motherboard I think? So once an enormous M2 is cheap enough I can replace it.

This review says it doesn't have encryption. I presume I can just use bitlocker with windows pro though?
    Last edited by charlesr; 06-05-2018 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    So basically get one of these: https://www.ebuyer.com/797214-kingst...-skc1000h-240g Which lets me put M2 chips into my own motherboard I think? So once an enormous M2 is cheap enough I can replace it.

This review says it doesn't have encryption. I presume I can just use bitlocker with windows pro though?
    Thatís one way to do it yep. In fact thatís some pretty amazing speeds over a sata ssd at a reasonable price.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 06-05-2018 at 08:02 PM.

New monitor turned up. Resolution is nice and the extra screen real estate will be super useful for when working in multiple windows. Plus FreeSync is most welcome as well.

Not convinced on the semi gloss screen though. Iím used to a full ips zero glare screen so I think itís just a question of getting used to it. Itís certainly not a full gloss, just slight.

Just need to get the scaling spot on now and the colour balance on the monitor itself.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 09-05-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gunrock View Post
    @charlesr: yeah, I keep my files and data on a regular HDD and my OS on a 128gb (few years old) SSD. It's no faff and yes, you're being silly
    Same here but stay away from MSI lappies and the Steelseries keyboards - sorry off on a tangent.

I have an M2 for windows, then a normal Samsung SSD for steam etc, then a big hard drive for all the crap and the odd game I rarely play.

Quote Originally Posted by dataDave View Post

*cue verbal explosion noise*

Just waiting for the new 11/20 series GTX to hit, rather than get bummed by scalpers.
    No hard drive? You might need more fan cooling on the M2?

Anybody tested the new short SATA cables? I found they're slower than standard ones, but maybe an issue with my system?

SATA cables are just copper aren't they? Ground and signal. Should be no difference. If anything the shorter cables might be marginally faster. Unless you bought really cheap poor quality ones that don't meet spec.

Also for anyone building a system right now and looking for ryzen as your start.

https://www.ebuyer.com/830433-asus-p...b350-plus-1600

Processor even comes with amdís wraith spire cpu fan as well. Bargain.