Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I'd like to see how they manage that.
    By having you play from inside the mech for the entire game apart from cut-scenes I imagine. The trailer talks bout reliving the experience from a "new perspective" after all.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      I'm not sold on the mechs in this. They all look like they're on stilts.
      They don't "walk", they just float. The walking ones have pretty chunky legs.

Comment

Makes me wonder how many games with uninspiring gameplay will be getting the VR treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
          Makes me wonder how many games with uninspiring gameplay will be getting the VR treatment.
          Quite a few I imagine. Putting a game into VR gives it a completely new lease of life. Games that would be mediocre at best when viewed on a flat screen are transformed in VR. Farpoint being my best example; a second rate Halo game but a joy in VR.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            They don't "walk", they just float. The walking ones have pretty chunky legs.
            I comprehend why they have needles for legs, I'm just saying I find them aesthetically displeasing. They'd fall over when they needed to stop floating.

I'm quite fussy about my mech design. Quite a few Gundams look like they're wearing high heels.

Comment

Sexy...

Comment

You can't unsee that, can you?

Comment

This would genuinely be great in VR, the back end of the game goes into quite some scale with its battles so there'll be lots going in in a fully 3D utilised space

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    This would genuinely be great in VR, the back end of the game goes into quite some scale with its battles so there'll be lots going in in a fully 3D utilised space
                    At 120fps! Maybe they'll have to scale back, with qty of enemies, or detail, or both.

Comment

Played the demo:

It handles the VR very well. No concerns there at all. However, there are too may controls (and there always were now I think about it) with multiple - quite different - actions bound to the various buttons depending on where you are in relation to an enemy, whether or not you have R2 held down and whether you are stationary or not. There is a training mode which helps get you started. During a fight it's pretty easy to lose your bearings and tough to know whether the sound effects are indicating that you have taken damage or you are damaging an enemy. On top of all that is a nice thick layer of anime bull**** that I really can't deal with.

So, it would probably improve with a bit of practice I suspect and I think it *may* actually be one of those games like Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising that turns out to have massive depth and nuance in the combat. I'll never find out though because the story and anime elements annoy too much.
                      Last edited by Brad; 24-05-2018, 00:38.

Comment

I'm not sure that it is particularly deep but I found it incredibly fun. Loved the ps2 and ps3 versions and would go down as one of my genuine favourites of the PS2 era.
                        I found the VR a little hard to follow, it is a very fast game when you get into it.

Comment

Working...
                        X