No announcement yet.

Cyberpunk 2077

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is looking very good. I wonder what the demo is running on?
    I suspect this will be a cross Gen game, appearing on PS5 and XB4 too. Imagine how good it will look on that!

Comment

Though it's still an in development version I'd imagine it's running on a high end PC for this demo meaning PS5/XB4 versions would presumably look the same and current gen versions scale back accordingly ala MGSV. There are little giveaways in the trailer that it's a current gen game underneath the sheen which betray the pre-gameplay media OMGfest but by any measure it's a top tier looker for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        This is looking very good. I wonder what the demo is running on?
        I suspect this will be a cross Gen game, appearing on PS5 and XB4 too. Imagine how good it will look on that!
        This was the PC spec running the demo.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K
        Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
        RAM: G. Skill Ripjaws, V 2x16GB, 300MHz, CL15
        GPU: GeForce GTX 1080Ti GeForce GTX 1080Ti
        SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB M.2 PCIe
        PSU: Corsair SF600 600W

CDPR have confirmed that they have been optimising the game since start of development.

"We are thinking about optimization from scratch, about how the streaming works, how to introduce global illumination, for instance, without overwhelming the CPU," Pietras tells CGMagazine. "We knew we are developing the game for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. And we started the process of optimization right at the start. So that’s why what you see running on the demo is a PC, which is like i7 and 1080 Ti."

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          Imagine how good it will look on that!
          The next big thing for consoles is going to be raytracing, so get ready to say farewell to the gains we've made on frame rates over the past ten years.

I doubt the PS5 is going to come anywhere near close to a 1080ti as it is.

Comment

As for Cyberpunk 2077, it's like one of those games they show along with a console unveiling... "There's no way the final thing will look like that!", only this time this actually is the final article.

Easily the most next-gen thing I've laid eyes on in six years.

Comment

Itle probably look the same as that on PS4 & Xbone but with a frame rate hit. Unlike other devs that are relying on the short term loot box con, CD Projeck will be looking to get this out ASAP to keep cash flowing, next gen launch this won’t be.
              Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-08-2018, 14:06.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                Easily the most next-gen thing I've laid eyes on in six years.
                God of War says hi.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  God of War says hi.
                  PS2 gen game with better graphics, no?

Comment

Underwhelming , I know it’s a work in progress but still

Comment

That's one of the best looking games I've seen in a long time.

Comment

PS2 gen game with better graphics, no?
                        Jesus Dave, give yourself a facepalm for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Jesus Dave, give yourself a facepalm for that one.
                          Seriously though, this doesn't look like it could be easily scaled back to the PS360 gen without massive setbacks and compromises with the game play layering. Isn't GOW just more of the same?

Comment

Seriously though, this doesn't look like it could be easily scaled back to the PS360 gen without massive setbacks and compromises with the game play layering. Isn't GOW just more of the same?
                            Not really. I thought the same when it came out (I’ll wait it’s just another god of War) however after playing it I definitely retracted that thought. Wish I’d bought it on launch now.

Not that I’m nocking Cyberpunk here, just saying it will come out looking like that gameplay vid on PS4 & Xbone, just won’t have a high frame rate that’s all.
                            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-08-2018, 14:58.

Comment

Sorry, when I say next-gen I mean next-gen by 2013 standards, so actually current gen (but what we were promised back then, not what has been delivered thus-far).

Comment

Sorry, when I say next-gen I mean next-gen by 2013 standards, so actually current gen (but what we were promised back then, not what has been delivered thus-far).
                                That’s always the case though hasn’t it? It’s how consoles & graphics cards are sold, hype.
                                Last edited by fishbowlhead; 29-08-2018, 17:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X