No announcement yet.

Steam Summer Sale...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the Raiden Fighters Aces thread the sequel!

Comment

Oh god IT STARTED AT MIDNIGHT!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHH

STEAM SALE!

Comment

Teh liez. Is that game any good though. watched some vids the intro gameplay looked really cool....and its only a quid or so.

Comment

"This is going to sound crazy. It probably is, but then again, ARGs and scavenger-hunt clues get pretty esoteric sometimes. If Valve was trying to subtly hint at when the sale might occur, they would probably do it with the kind of bizarre moon-logic that Sierra On-Line used to use in games like King's Quest IV. Put simply, my hypothesis is that the date of the upcoming sale is being hinted at in the representative image for each Daily Deal game.
          Running through the logic in my head, I feel like Boyd piecing together an elaborate pattern from disparate sources. Nonetheless, here goes:
          Most of the Steam community expected that the Summer Sale would follow the pattern of the previous two Summer Sales - Launching on the last Thursday in June. The sale which went up instead was for Analogue: A Hate Story. A few people focused on the clock, but for purposes of my mad theory, look instead at the girl's ponytail. There are seven segments to her ponytail.

The next daily deal was Midnight Mysteries Collection. I'm having a hard time fitting this one into the theory, but I can see one possible justification: The clock face shows two minutes to twelve: 12 divided by 2 is six. Admittedly, this is a bit of a stretch. (And no, there are more than six fireflies or whatever they are - I count at least eight)

The next daily deal was Governor of Poker 2: Premium Edition. Note the $5 chip in the lower right corner of the image.

Next came Zombie Driver - Four blades protrude from the front of the vehicle.

Yesterday's deal was Space Ark - The rocket has 3 windows.
          Today's deal is Legendary, which shows a human fighting several monsters. There are two gryphons.

The pattern (if there is one) forms a countdown, indicating Thursday of this week - which, by my understanding, is when major events generally happen on Steam anyway.
          Yes, it's reaching. Yes, it's based primarily on wishful thinking and shaky reasoning. Sure, I'm probably wrong. But it still makes a weird, "throw the dehydrated water canister to kill Orat" kind of sense.
          If the pattern holds, I would expect a game tomorrow which emphasizes the number 1 - Maybe Serious Sam: The First Encounter, Alpha Prime, or Lone Survivor. In fact, Lone Survivor would seem more probable to me, since it fits the pattern of a lower-profile, indie-developed game which won't generate a lot of excitement if it goes on sale (Since it was included in the most recent Humble Bundle).
          That's it. That's my daily dose of crazy."

Comment

OMFG Half Life 3 launch on Thursday confirmed!

Comment

Earthworm Jim on sale today.

Anyone notice anything about the last screenshot for EJ3D?

Comment

Now that I think about it, perhaps I'll be ok with this year's sale.

Most of the games I've missed over the past few years I got in last year's. The likes of Max Payne and anything too recent probably won't see a big enough reduction to take the plunge either.

That's my reasoning anyhoo. Hopefully I'm right. Between this, PSN's last sale and a new 3DS XL I'm going to be skint several times over

Comment

But I would rather eat a bowlful of druggies needles than have to play EWJ3D again!

Originally posted by PenguinJim View Post
                  Earthworm Jim on sale today.

Anyone notice anything about the last screenshot for EJ3D?

Comment

Originally posted by PenguinJim View Post
                    The pattern (if there is one) forms a countdown, indicating Thursday of this week - which, by my understanding, is when major events generally happen on Steam anyway.
                    Offer today is Cubemen, cubes have six sides. Adding six days to todays date and you get 11. The day before the sale starts.

Comment

Let's leave it now shall we, we'd be here forever looking for numbers in daily deals.

The EJ3D should have been the final piece to the puzzle, but no, they were only minge teasing

Comment

Get your pennies saved for those nice indie bundles.
                        Following cropped up on Steam Registry.

Indie Bundle Day 1 - The Baconing, EDGE, Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cave Story +, Lone Survivor
                        Indie Bundle Day 2 - Universe Sandbox, E.Y.E, Oil Rush, Botanicula, Splice
                        Indie Bundle Day 3 - Braid, Bit Trip Beat, Runespell Overture, Bunch of Heroes, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
                        Indie Bundle Day 4 - Atom Zombie Smasher, Sanctum, Blocks That Matter, Sword and Sowrcery (& soundtrack), A Valley Without Wind
                        Indie Bundle Day 5 - Audiosurf, Greed Corp, Gemini Rue, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana
                        Indie Bundle Day 6 - DEFCON, Awesome, SpaceChem, TRAUMA, Ticket to Ride
                        Indie Bundle Day 7 - Zombie Driver, Dungeons of Dredmor, Vessel, Avadon: The Black Fortress, QUBE
                        Indie Bundle Day 8 - Wings of Prey, Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Demolition Inc, Sol Exodus
                        Indie Bundle Day 9 - Zeno Clash, VVVVVV, Revenge of the Titans, Jamestown, Capsized
                        Indie Bundle Day 10 - Machinarium, Eufloria, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Runner, All Zombies Must Die
                        Indie Bundle Day 11 - World of Goo, Star Ruler, Hydrophobia, Orion, Waveform

God damn there's a lot of good games in these bundles.

Comment

Day 5 looks worth it for Ys and Gemini Rue alone. Been waiting for Lone Survivor to drop, too. Does Steam allow excess bundle games to be gifted to other players?

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            Day 5 looks worth it for Ys and Gemini Rue alone. Been waiting for Lone Survivor to drop, too. Does Steam allow excess bundle games to be gifted to other players?
                            Unless they're seperate codes: No.

Comment

The Steam Summer Sale list has been leaked!

Update: The list has been fleshed out with additional information from the person who unearthed this content from the S…

Comment

Sale is starting tonight then. It's my first Steam sale and I'm very excited. I've set myself a budget of ?50, that should get me some good games.

Ive already bought Special OPs, Binary Domain and FIFA12 via the Amazon.com sale, hope I don't regret it, but I'd be surprised if the games were cheaper in the Steam sale.

Comment

Working...
                                X