Disgaea 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgaea 5

Disgaea 5 is definitely coming, series producer and president of Nippon Ichi Software Souhei Niikawa has announced. Nii…

Nippon Ichi Softwares Souhei Niikawa has confirmed during a Q&A session that Disgaea 5 is on the way. Nippon has three other projects slated between now and late 2013 so the fifth entry isn't likely to arrive soon and will likely be the last current gen release.

Hmmm that might be the first one that I don't buy at release day... definitely diminishing returns on these now and they need to do something refreshing...

maybe hex board or vehicles or something

Comment

Confirmed for US and EU release, a demo will be on the Japanese PSN store sometime next month too

Comment

Finally got around to pre-ordering this, as Zavvi seem to be the only option below ?40 (?36.99). It may not arrive on release day, but at that price, I can live with it!

Comment

A Demo is now available on PSN with access to the first Chapter and a working save to use with the full game, though there is no save option at the end of the chapter (map 5).

I have put in a fair amount of time today. A nice feature is thar your character will automatically upgrade to the next Tier in the Class when you have enough Mastery. Character creations are now done using money. If you have enough you can get a "top of the range" character created, and for some extra cash it can be the same level as the main character (Killia).

There are "Quests" available. These can give Cash, Items, Skills, Evilities or even unlock new character classes. These are achieved through getting items (from the shop or from maps or even other quests, or the hospital), though you do have to hand them over. Some involve killing certain types of enemy. For new character classes you have to unlock new Tiers on existing classes.

I'm still trying to unlock some new classes, so my existing characters are slowly levelling up now (a couple have passed Level 10).

There are some new character classes to try.

A nice feature is that you can now equip each character with two weapons. Great for the Healer class, I have a Staff and Bow equipped, so you can do healing magic or attack an enemy without having to worry about re-equipping a weapon depending on what you want to do.

Needless to say, some parts of the game are locked until the game is released.
          Last edited by Bassman; 28-09-2015, 18:30.

Comment

Link to the demo on the PSN store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...SGAEA5TRI00001

Comment

Read about one of the new character classes, the Maid (you have one in your initial party). This has a unique ability of being able to do the normal move stuff plus use an item. Using items gives EXP. I have been feeding mine Unopened Soda at 40 HL a time. Two Items a turn... a new level every four turns! The useful thing about Unopened Soda is the it becomes Opened Soda after you use it. Strangely enough, at two Opened Sodas a turn, you level up every four turns, so you can get a double hit off each item! My Maid has now reached Tier 4 and has an extra Evility slot (that happened at Level 50).

The Quests have given me useful stuff, my main Mage (Tier 3 now) has an Evility assigned that gives her Sword proficiency as B, so she has a Sword for her alternate (Sub) weapon and has a couple of Skills unlocked. The Quests have also provided me with a number of Scrolls containing Heal, so all my magic characters have that available. Similarly with Espoir.

Still trying to get some of my characters to the Tier to unlock some character classes. I'll be interested to see what the Pirate is like!

Comment

Gave the demo a quick go, seems to be the same Disgaea with a couple of tweaks. Not really clicking with the main character though - it still seems that Nippon Ichi are struggling to capture the charm of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness in any of their sequels.

Good job the gameplay is as addictive as ever.

Comment

After finding out the Brawler is not actually named that in the game, I am working towards unlocking the last few character classes. Certainly getting my money's worth out of the demo!

(Im?)Patiently awaiting the game now. Checked Zavvi (now more expensive than Amazon), and I should be getting the Launch Edition... Game, Special Sleeve, Reversible Cover, Art Book and Soundtrack CD.

Comment

The Demo is beginning to wear a bit thin. I'll be glad of the full game arriving this weekend (Zavvi permitting)... assuming it hasn't been put back again!

Comment

Mine's just dispatched from wherever the hell it's coming from.

Won't play it for ages now though. Talos Principle, Guitar Hero LIVE and Nanowrimo means no Disgaea for a while.

Comment

I have a number of classes on the final Tier from the demo. In doing the Sage (noe Lv 500!) I found the last (I presume... from levelling) Evility slot kicked in at Lv 300.

Just checked and Zavvi have posted my game (cost me ?36.99).

Seeing as I usually spend ridiculous amounts of time on Disgaea games... mostly grinding, the 85 hours on the demo is possibly time well spent!

Comment

Disgaea 5 on the PC finally has a release date of 8th May 2018

No doubt I'll be making a purchase despite having ploughed in over a hundred hours in on the PS4 version (and still barely scratched the surface of the hidden parts of that game). No word on the price yet though.

Comment

PC Version has been delayed until "Summer 2018" due to a critical bug they say - all seems a bit mysterious.

On further reading it looks like NIS did a poor job and release the demo version with the full game in it, so things have been yanked because of that.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 06-05-2018, 18:32.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              PC Version has been delayed until "Summer 2018" due to a critical bug they say - all seems a bit mysterious.
                              On further reading it looks like NIS did a poor job and release the demo version with the full game in it, so things have been yanked because of that.
                              NISA and PC ports don't really go along well, Ys VIII is another example of that (though Durante, the same guy that did other Falcom ports said Ys VIII is particularly difficult due to reliance on PS4 timings).

Comment

Working...
                              X