Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is the best Winning Eleven PS2 game? And please tell me why!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is the best Winning Eleven PS2 game? And please tell me why!

I'm going through a retro phase at the moment and I'm playing alot of Japanese PS2 games again.
    I've searched for people's opinions on Google but it doesn't show much but which one is regarded as the best Winning Eleven PS2 game?

For me, it is Winning Eleven 9...

As it was one of only a few versions of WE where you could do roulette move with a 360 rotation and also do the the cheeky little chip by pressing down and up quickly on the right analogue stick.

Guys, what do you think?
    Last edited by phillai; 31-08-2019, 10:35.

Final Evolution right, came to Gamecube (and PS2 i think). I guess by the title Konami thought it may be the best? Certainly the only one ive kept around....always prefered the PSOne renditions.
    Last edited by Baseley09; 30-08-2019, 17:46.

Comment

Just had a quick play of WE6 Final Evolution... I just can't get used to using the right analogue stick to pass! LOOL

Comment

The one I was really into at the time was WE7I which was the later Japanese revision of PES3. I'd already hammered PES 1-3 and was really into the editing scene, making kits/teams of my own, as well as downloading other people's to make the "ultimate" version (I went through a LOT of discs getting that right!). When WE7I came out, the forums suggested it made lots of improvements on PES3 so I moved on to that. I think by the time PES4 came around, I'd kind of had as much PES as I needed and never really played them much again on the PS2.

It may not have been the best, but it was the peak for me!

Originally posted by phillai View Post
        As it was one of only a few versions of WE where you could do roulette move with a 360 rotation and also do the the cheeky little chip by pressing down and up quickly on the right analogue stick.
        Could you not do that with square and one of the shoulder buttons as well? I don't remember using the right analogue stick much; I think a lot of things could be done another way. Thinking about it, I don't think I even used the left analogue stick, it was mostly d-pad.

Comment

WE6FE gets my vote here. And yes, I mean the GC port - STILL the best bit of eBay business I’ve ever done (mint copy picked up for £4!).

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            WE6FE gets my vote here. And yes, I mean the GC port - STILL the best bit of eBay business I’ve ever done (mint copy picked up for £4!).
            I think you might’ve got mine! I remember selling my GC collection BitD and getting pittance for my JP games with sleeves. Both WE6 and Ikaruga literally went for pence along with Viewtiful Joe and a host of other games. What can I say? I needed the cash at the time.

Back on topic I’d say WE7I was perhaps the best WE ever released. Seemed to get everything right.

Comment

[MENTION=13193]nakamura[/MENTION], any suggestions?

Comment

WE 6 Final Evolution is one cool one to vote for because it's the only one that hit GameCube but as good as it is, it's not the best one.

Winning Eleven 9 is the best one. It has the balance of depth and accessibility and just like the OP said, all the best moves.

Comment

I have a soft spot for this version -- played it a lot last decade. I like the way it looks -- and it feels good to play.

Comment

Regardless of which Winning Eleven, they all seem to play so well on the PS2...
                    Much prefer WE over FIFA and even over current versions of FIFA now!

Comment

The 2010 World Cup game on PS3 and 360 felt like PES 7 to me. It was a joy to play.

Comment

J.League Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship for me, but yeah all the editions from 6FE onwards are excellent (maybe apart from a few questionable speed tinkerings). I think the last non-J.League edition me and my firends hammered was WE10. Great times.

Love the J.League editions though. For the kits, commentary and stadiums. Oh and the sh@tness of the teams. Makes for a more challenging experience both offline and against friends. 2v2 awesomeness.

So looking for to PES2020.

Comment

The PES 2020 demo was actually really good. I hammered PES 2019 and it's just a mess though. But maybe we finally have the game we deserve. I actually like the concept of myClub too. Levelling up is good fun.

Comment

We always repeated the Japanese commentary when we heard the phrase "Sou da ne" (I think). We'd say "Ooooh sold a snare". Silly, but nostalgic.

Comment

Another vote for WE6FE on the Cube, brother and I played that for ages. And the manual typo "repray" heh...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                              X