Men in Black 4: International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men in Black 4: International

Boyed by the financial success of MIB3, Sony Columbia has said it plans to continue with the series

Doug Belgrad, the head of Sony’s Columbia Pictures division, recently sat down with The Hollywood Reporter and was quite forthcoming on a number of sequels and a reboot the studio has in development. The Amazing Spider-Man 2First up he admits their recent “The Amazing Spider-Man” reboot has issues – “The section where Rhys Ifans’ character […]

The film has yet to be planned out. Personally I'm not sure, MIB2 showed its easy to get these wrong and I felt MIB3 did a good job of rounding the series out and gave it a fitting end, especially given how hard it is to get Smith and Jones back each time to do them.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 06-12-2018, 08:47.

Sony Pictures has hired scribe Oren Uziel (“Mortal Kombat: Rebirth”) to pen both a first draft for a fourth “Men in Black” and the sequel to “21 Jump Street”. Currently in early development, there’s no word to what extent Will Smith is involved. There is also no deals for either Josh Brolin or Emma Thompson […]

Plans seem to be moving forward and an initial script is being lined up.

Comment

Sony Pictures is reportedly said to be seriously considering the possibility of combining their “21 Jump Street” and “Men in Black” franchises. The Wall Street Journal reports that a follow-up to “22 Jump Street” could see Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum’s cop characters interacting with the universe established within the “Men in Black” franchise. MIB […]

According to the Sony Pictures leak, the studio has been considering pre-empting a full fourth entry in the series by making 23 Jump Street crossover with the MIB series which Jonah Hill agreed to.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to think that the leak is over and people are just making stuff up to see what news sites will buy into and report on.

Comment

The other thing to keep in mind here is that a massive number of ideas and options will be floated, just like in any job. Doesn't mean they'll go anywhere. Some of the lunatic ideas buried in my emails would be alarming but they were never going to be an actual thing.

I haven't seen these Jump Street movies or the last MiB film.

Comment

If all movie companies got hacked there'd likely be a flood of ideas revealed that would curl toes globally. MIB3 was, for me, a really solid entry but it also felt like the perfect place to wrap that series up at least in regards to Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smiths characters. The Jump Street films are reasonable, not really worth the success they've had as they're too reliant on base humour but the second one at least showed a refreshing self awareness of what it was tasked to do. The two series completely don't gel on any level though.

Comment

Gah rumbles this morning are that this is now the first of a trilogy and a full on reboot

Comment

Sony Pictures is officially moving forward with plans to combine both its “21 Jump Street” and “Men in Black” franchises into one crossover action comedy feature. James Bobin (“The Muppets”) is in early talks to direct the film which is aiming to begin production in June, though has not received an official greenlight at yet. […]

The crossover film is coming. Likely to be directed by the director of The Muppets, the film will merge both franchises however the MIB element will also be a complete reboot of that franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/417...over-is-coming

The crossover film is coming. Likely to be directed by the director of The Muppets, the film will merge both franchises however the MIB element will also be a complete reboot of that franchise.
                The director is called "Bobin"?

Just as well as that's what I see a crossover being... complete bobbins!

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                  The director is called "Bobin"?

Just as well as that's what I see a crossover being... complete bobbins!
                  James Bobin, he wrote/Directed a lot of

Da Ali G show
                  Flight of the Conchords
                  The Muppets (2011)

Those are all really great comedies so I'll be definitely up for this.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    James Bobin, he wrote/Directed a lot of

Da Ali G show
                    Flight of the Conchords
                    The Muppets (2011)

Those are all really great comedies so I'll be definitely up for this.
                    Not at the expense of a good pun though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                      however the MIB element will also be a complete reboot of that franchise.
                      OH YOU ****ING ****ING ****S WHY SERIOUSLY WHY ****ING BOTHER

Comment

Because monies! ?_?

Comment

F. Gary Gray (“The Fate of the Furious,” “Straight Outta Compton”) is reportedly in negotiations to direct the “Men In Black” franchise relaunch at Sony Pictures and Amblin Entertainment. Neither original star Tommy Lee Jones or Will Smith are expected to be back, but the series will be set within the same continuity as opposed […]

F. Gary Gray, the director of Fast 8 and Straight Outta Compton, looks set to helm the next MIB entry

Comment

Chris Hemsworth is in early negotiations to star in a proposed spin-off to the sci-fi action comedy franchise “Men in Black” at Sony Pictures. The aim is essentially to follow the “Jurassic World” template in that its a fourth film set in the same contemporary world and continuity, but the focus is on all new […]

Chris Hemsworth is in talks to take on one of the lead roles in the next MIB movie. The movie will now copy the Jurassic World model of being an in-canon continuation of the first trilogy of movies likely referencing but not including those movies cast.

Comment

“Thor: Ragnarok” stars Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson are set to reunite in the “Men in Black” reboot at Sony Pictures. Hemsworth has been in negotiations for a role for a few weeks now, but Thompson has just hopped onboard with the pair playing two of the three leads in the new film which is […]

Ever keen to follow a lead to try and get a hit, Sony is once again sniffing around Marvel's successes and apparently is now in talks for Thor: Ragnarok's Tessa Thompson to take another of the three main roles along with Hemsworth.

Comment

Working...
                              X