User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    cheers my man. Will have to add to the to do list

You can see the Android version usage percentages here :
    http://developer.android.com/about/d...rds/index.html

2.3 alone makes up almost two thirds

That doesn't reflect stats for those on the board, who are (in my opinion at least) 10x more likely to have something newer or more up to date.

i can check actual stats later on analytics

On my S2 with ICS (4.*) the forum just comes up as an unstyled mess. You can't load the full site either.

Used to work fine on my cheapy Orange San Fran with 2.2 and 2.3...

Quote Originally Posted by monomaniacpat View Post
    On my S2 with ICS (4.*) the forum just comes up as an unstyled mess. You can't load the full site either.

Used to work fine on my cheapy Orange San Fran with 2.2 and 2.3...
    On your S2, is it forcing the superlight style? Or is it really completely missing the css elements? Any chance you could take a photo?

Also, does anyone know of any places you can use to view a site in emulated environments such as this? Or do I have to use the sdk?
    Last edited by charlesr; 26-07-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Nokia offer a free service called Remote Device Access which allows you to book time on specific devices, dial in and control them. They have a huge variety of devices at different firmwares to choose from. It's normally used by developers to test their applications but I see no reason why you couldn't just load up the web browser while you are on there as I believe they have wi-fi connections for testing networkable apps. Don't know if Google offer anything similar for Android though.

The SDK can run virtual machines for all releases there is support for (1.5, 1.6, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3.3, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 4.0, 4.0.3, 4.1 green is good, red has the same issue). That's how I checked the site.