Alien: Covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    They definitely both bad films but... I can tolerate them given... the Alien vs Predator films and Predator 4
    Problem is if you include those, you're factoring in Aliens Vs Predator 2, which is - and I want to be clear - the single worst movie I have ever seen in a cinema.

Comment

I take it you didn't see Predator 4 at the cinema

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        I take it you didn't see Predator 4 at the cinema
        That was criminally bad.

But then so is Aliens vs Predator 2. The thing about AvP2 is that it should have even been entertaining in a sort of train wreck kind of way and it just wasn't. It's awful.

Comment

I'll give Requiem a half point advantage for:

versus

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            But then so is Aliens vs Predator 2. The thing about AvP2 is that it should have even been entertaining in a sort of train wreck kind of way and it just wasn't. It's awful.
            That's the thing; AvP1 was bad, but it wasn't so terrible as that I kinda stopped "watching" it and found myself just "looking at it" instead. AvP2 crossed that event horizon.

And this weird obsession with explaining the Alien, where it came from, who made it and why... I'm not sure Hollywood understands the concept of cosmic horror.

Weirdly, the knock-off Aliens in Warhammer 40,000, called the Tyranids, actually handle this a lot better. They're flooding into the galaxy from several directions, being an extra-galactic alien, and their books give two suggested origins:

1) They've consumed everything else; like our galaxy is surrounded by other galaxies where the Tyranids have eaten all other sentient life and we're all that's left, amid a universe filled with Tyranids

2) They're running away from something much, much worse

And both prospects are way more terrifying and interesting than "Wish.com-level Laurence Olivier made them".
            Last edited by Asura; 02-08-2022, 11:26.

Comment

We've discussed AVP2 and Predator 4's awfulness so precisely we've now salvaged Covenants risk of being the worst entry

Comment

Personally, I think Covenant is far better than either of those movies, in spite of its obvious flaws.

Comment

Working...
                X