No announcement yet.

The Football League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leeds should be banned for a season from football, also why did they go over at the end and clap the fans. Loads of them were trying to kick off.

Comment

It seems the culprit's Facebook account has already spread over the internet like wildfire, complete with full access to the Facebook wall (with friend's comments ribbing him for what he did), and even his address and phone number for a short time, so it should be pretty easy for the police to track him down...

Also, he is a known hooligan... http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....ail/story.html
      Last edited by sj33; 20-10-2012, 08:05.

Comment

They ripped up seats, chanted stuff about Dave Jones and were vile. Mate at the match said some stupid Wednesday fans responded with stuff about Leeds and Turkey. Not a good night, but the attack on Kirkland started it. Jones is fuming with Warnock.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
          Leeds should be banned for a season from football, also why did they go over at the end and clap the fans. Loads of them were trying to kick off.
          What would this achieve though? You are generalising all Leeds fans, including myself, as mindless thugs when you would actually find the vast majority are as disgusted by this morons actions as everybody else. The guy committed an assault on the player - let the courts decide what to do with him.

In regards to the some of the chanting at the game - this is an issue throughout the English game that needs stamping out. There is no excuse for it.
          Last edited by AlonzoUK; 20-10-2012, 08:38.

Comment

Come off it, every time Leeds are an away side there is always trouble. Before the game going to the match and afterwards, we can't point fingers at Serbia when we can't even get our own leagues in order.

Comment

There's not many times I hear opposite sets of fans singing in unison at a football match, but you can guarantee that a rendition of 'we all hate Leeds scum' gets everyone going.

Comment

Just throwing this out here - we really don't realise how high quality our 'lower' leagues are. I sat down with a Japanese friend of mine who is into football and well versed in the foreign leagues. He was genuinely interested in the Football League, but had little to no exposure. I watched the Football League Show with him and it BLEW HIM AWAY. And y'know, I watch JLeague on TV every weekend, and it's complete boring turd. We don't know how lucky we are.

Comment

Charlie scores again for the Clarets, cracking start for Dyche. We all hate Leeds scum!

Comment

A nice and easy 2 - 0 win for Burnley over a poor Derby County yesterday. We cruised to victory without ever needing to get out of 2nd gear.

In yet more amusing news, Berg has been given the sack by the chicken farmers. He lasted 57 days and kept up the good work that was started by Agent Kean, taking Venky's FC closer to their rightful place in the footballing pyramid.

Comment

Got to feel sorry for O'Driscoll at Forest. A 4-2 victory over Leeds United followed by the sack.

Three wins on the spin for The Wednesday now, just a shame all the other clubs at the foot of the table keep winning.

Comment

And Forest have just announced Alex McCleish as his replacement! A couple of the lads who play for our Sunday league team were saying just a few days ago how refreshing the O'Driscoll brand of football was after having to endure Steve Cotterill for most of last season, can't see them being too happy with this news!

Comment

Shocking decision after a good Leeds result. I can't be arsed with football anymore.

Comment

I think Alex Mcleish is on a mission to destroy every midlands club...joke manager, cant believe he gets work!
                            Tedious, negative football must get chairmen moist!

Comment

May I take this time to pass my condolences to Forest fans for the death of football at your great club.

Comment

Another win and another clean sheet for Burnley today. If we can get through the rest of the transfer window without selling Charlie Austin we might be dark horses for a playoff place.

Dyche Dyche baby!

Comment

Working...
                                X