No announcement yet.

Ps4 to Support 4k!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily before then, people upgrade much quicker and even the media world is quicker to adopt me technologies than before.

Comment

They way its going itll be more like 2020

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        It might ship with Wonderbook as standard though.

or Move
        or Playstation Eye
        or SixAxis
        or some Pom Poms
        or a Sword

or maybe it will be a fresh and new me too peripheral they can release and hope people forget when they fail, a little like Vita.
        All of those things are more desirable than a Kinect. Especially the pom poms.

Comment

Surely they must include some new kind of disk media, maybe they will have a Holographic Blu-Ray drive

Comment

PC for the win...........Providing you have the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
              PC for the win...........Providing you have the money.
              I want to slump on the sofa playing games though, so PC gaming rig will never be for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE View Post
                I want to slump on the sofa playing games though, so PC gaming rig will never be for me.
                It's pretty much there now, or at least close. Get PC to boot into Steam's big picture mode (like booting straight into a much better version of XBox live!), navigate around easily with a pad. Output via hdmi to tv. Wireless 360 pad. My PC is pretty much an uber console these days.

Why give up your games, your friends, and all that you love about Steam when you play games in the living room? With Big Picture, we’ve reformatted Steam for use with your TV and game controller, so you can enjoy your Steam games from the comfort of your couch.

Comment

I was just the other day talking to one of my mates about the possibilities of using a PC with a 360 pad and Steam as a console. Sounds like it is indeed possible and pretty cool.

As for the PS4, I'll take all claims with rub of my chin.... before launch the Triple was to have 2 HDMIs, 72 Ethernet ports and a strange lack of cooling vents. And most current gen games aren't even native 1080p. Or even 720p for that matter. So yeah, the Orbis may well 'support' 4k, but it'll just be up-scaling, not native. My new Yamaha AV receiver supports 4k up-scaling, so that's not really anything special.

Comment

Interesting, I will look into that a bit more.

Although, not looked at what games are around on PC and I own macs, but I guess if building a gaming rig it doesn't matter.

Comment

Yeah. Plus the games are cheap. Most can be purchased as keys and activated on Steam. It's been a while since I spent more than ?22-25 pounds on a new game. I haven't touched my consoles in a year or more as for the first time my PC does everything they do, just prettier and faster. Everything's converging it seems, consoles becoming like PCs and vice versa.

Comment

As was mentioned you can connect your PC up to your TV Via HDMI and easily use a 360 or PS2/3 pad on it too. There is also peripherals such as the Logitech diNovo Mini for holding in your hand whilst curled up on your couch or chair to type and features a touch pad to move your cursor around and can be switched to a directional pad pictured here:

And providing you have the money to get a top spec gaming PC then you can play your Gamecube, PS2 & Wii games that you have bought with your own money in 1080p 60fps via emulation.

Comment

Bah, agree with most. Lets get 1080p/60fps as standard first. Personally I want to skip 4k and go straight onto 8k. Anyone else read about that joint NHK and BBC Ultra HD/Super Hi-Vision footage of the olympics with 22.2 channel sound? What this means is 42" screens will be pointless as 4k/8k is for filling up your wall/room.
                          Yes, I was at the demos. Nice tech, compromised presentation (at least here in Glasgow).

As for 4K, we had the same arguments ("it's pointless, we won't see the difference") etc when 1080p was announced for the PS3 (although that was when they claimed 2 HDMI outputs for dual monitor play).

The 4K output is surely just for compatibility with 4K BD. And given that projection is the only way to really enjoy movies at home, I say bring it on!

Comment

Working...
                          X