Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Arcade: If you won the lottery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantasy Arcade: If you won the lottery...

I am curious, what arcade related awesomeness would you purchase if you won a lot of cash? Be realistic, to a certain degree. Post some pictures aswell for fun

My first choice would be, 2x Border Break setup;

2x Gundam VS Extreem full boost, with scoreboard;

Beatmania IIDX 20 Tricoro - Cant find a decent image
    KONAMI(コナミ)の商品・サービスの最新情報をお伝えする公式サイトです。KONAMI(コナミ)では、人気コンテンツを様々な分野で多面的に展開し、IT技術を活用した独自性の高いエンタテインメントコンテンツを創出し続けることで、お客さまのあらゆる生活場面でお楽しみ頂ける商品・サービスを提供いたします。

Jubeat Copius;

Hatsune Miku Project Diva;

Point blank 50 inch cab;

2x Viewlix cabs, red and a blue;
    I would get hold of KOF XIII

Sega Astro City;
    I would get hold of the Chiki Chiki Boys, SF 3s and Raiden for the Astro city.

must win lottery... must win lottery... must win lottery...

will buy some tickets tomorrow
    Last edited by redstar_dan; 01-09-2012, 00:02.

Nice thread, Dan!

I'll sleep on it and tell you tomorrow...

Comment

I look forward to it QC

I am also curious about Border Breaks net setup, is anyone here familiar with the system? Lets just say for now that this is a reality, and I import 2x Border Breaks. Is it possible to somehow connect to japanese servers by some sort of proxy?
      Would the machines be redundant outside of Japan?

As far as I am aware, Border Break isnt just connected to a local network inside an arcade, it does connect to some sort of server. I may be wrong, but from when I got to use various border breaks last year, it felt like it was connecting to a wider range of users, than was in the arcade.

Any thoughts?
      Last edited by redstar_dan; 01-09-2012, 00:33.

Comment

I'd have a Propcycle, a Pop n Music machine, some classics like Pacman, Asteroids etc, and a couple of UFO catchers.

Comment

Comment

Not the 360?

EDIT: my error - that was G-loc.
            Last edited by Mr Ono; 01-09-2012, 09:02.

Comment

I would go for something mad like one of these

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/en*0TAP4fOHt3mztoHfKFDFkSNx5o1YFEPEEoi2DAFQc-VLyLUruxAoJQOcSG5dfCSHxCFIUViDxo5tXDlu*axoZ1LfzbKj f/tt3.jpeg[/img]
              Last edited by SUMIRE; 01-09-2012, 10:32.

Comment

i cant be bothered to find pictures but,

Time Crisis
                Top Skater
                Initial D
                DDR
                3rd strike

would be my main choice, then i'd get a whole bunch of egret II cabinets. with all the capcom cps2 fighters, plus loads of cave shmups. i'd probably end up with a few more sega racers too if i had room, sega rally, outrun 2, crazy taxi, f355 challenge. but they'd all have to be giant cabs with proper chairs etc.

Comment

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
                  I look forward to it QC
                  I am also curious about Border Breaks net setup, is anyone here familiar with the system? Lets just say for now that this is a reality, and I import 2x Border Breaks. Is it possible to somehow connect to japanese servers by some sort of proxy?
                  Would the machines be redundant outside of Japan?
                  My understanding on the Border Break net setup is that connectivity is used for player profiles: user name, experience points, mecha customization. It should be possible to proxy and/or VPN your way to Japanese servers, but if not possible it's essentially cutting the game experience in half if the game builds up a local community.

Gundam Versus utilizes the BaNa Passort (if I recall the name correctly...it was kinda silly) for user names and experience points as well but not being connected shouldn't be as detrimental as in Border Break.

Then there's Taito with the NESiCA system (Viewlix cabinets), which not only uses Japanese servers for player profiles but also to download entire games; Cave recently added their support to NESiCA systems and ArcSys distribute their games via the platform as well.
                  While in Japan this year, I saw many NESiCA cabinets holding various games (Persona 4 Mayonaka Arena, BBCSE, Trouble Witches, Akai Katana, Demon Bride, Aquapazza, Arcana Heart, Senki no Ronde and some other) with only the largest arcades devoting a cabinet for a single NESiCA game, like the Sega arcade in Akihabara.
                  However, as the single-game cabinets were NESiCA enabled, I think the game there has been downloaded via Taito's network and this might be a problem for arcades outside Japan: not only you would need a net proxy but also someone in Japan buying the game for you...all NESiCA games had a "for sale and use in Japan only" screen.

Comment

Thank you for such a fantastic reply.

How risky would it be to connected via proxies and or VPN to japanese servers? Are they monitored like hawks? If so, would it be easy to spot if one is using this technique to connect, potentially becoming banned?

Im not sure If I have fully understood both Border Break and Gundam vs Extreme. Are these both networked locally to the arcade they are housed in, in order to play against other players? Or do they connect to a network outside of the arcade, that spans japan.
                    Is the connectivity needed, just for profiles? I assumed profiles are stored on the Cards that one has for use with the Cabinets.

Why would one need to be in japan to purchase a NESiCA game? Surly if one can connect via a proxy, you could purchase the game via the interface (if one knew japanese lol) ? Maybe I am miss understanding something.

I find this very interesting.

Comment

Why would one need to be in japan to purchase a [COLOR=#333333]NESiCA game? Surly if one can connect via a proxy, you could purchase the game via the interface (if one knew japanese lol) ? Maybe I am miss understanding something.
                      You'd need to register a pretend arcade with Taito at a fake Japanese address and then connect to their network by proxy. I'm not even sure you can buy the game outright either, I think it might be a rental/profit share arrangement as well.

Comment

How risky would it be to connected via proxies and or VPN to japanese servers? Are they monitored like hawks? If so, would it be easy to spot if one is using this technique to connect, potentially becoming banned?
                        That, I really don't know. There is the risk of being banned if they spot the proxy/VPN as games are for sale and use in Japan only, but I don't know if they can block your game once purchased.
                        The purchase method is a speculation on my part: I don't think they are just bought via an administration interface on the cabinet like you would do via Steam/PSN/XBLA. Since you have a working cabinet with the hardware (Taito Type-X2) you would contact the game developer for purchasing licenses for the game, so everything is tied to some sort of user ID for the arcade which can download X times a game before calling the developer and asking for more.
                        But, again, this is what I think.

Im not sure If I have fully understood both Border Break and Gundam vs Extreme. Are these both networked locally to the arcade they are housed in, in order to play against other players? Or do they connect to a network outside of the arcade, that spans japan.
                        Is the connectivity needed, just for profiles? I assumed profiles are stored on the Cards that one has for use with the Cabinets.
                        I have only direct experience with the NESiCA. The card itself only transmits its serial number to the cabinet, and then the user profile is downloaded from a centralized server.
                        Activating a NESiCA works like this:
                        Buy a NESiCA (300yen) and use it at least once.
                        Go home, register yourself to the NESiCA's official website (which is a pain in the behind).
                        Then you have to register for each game supporting user IDs and personal infos: there you can change your user ID and purchase in-game content (like extra character colours or game modes); for example, I'm registered on BBCSE and Persona 4 websites; I only have one NESiCA, but each game manages its own profile.
                        Next time you go to an arcade and you "log-in" with your card, you'll see your user ID updated and any new content will be available.

I think that Border Break and Gundam Versus/BaNa Passport cards work exactly the same. No info is stored on the card itself aside for its serial number and all information is looked up online.

Cabinets are linked locally over ethernet for PvP, but they also have a WAN connection for user IDs and updates (for example BBCSE started displaying info on Chrono Phantasma the day after it was unveiled).

Comment

I'm old school, I'd get:

- Cocktail Ms Pacman

- Stand up versions of Phoenix, Galaga, Space Invaders, Blasteroids, Legend of Hero Tonma, Klax, Ghosts n Goblins, Ghouls n Ghosts, Rainbow Islands, Supern Qix, R Type, the entire Nemesis series, Defender, Arkanoid, Raiden and Dig Dug.

- A sit in Buggy Boy and an 8 player Daytona setup.

- Oh and a full size Snooker Table, American Pool, Air Hockey and a 2 lane Ten Pin.

- Outside is an old school Helter skelter with mats, a Crazy Golf Course and a full size Dodgem Ride.

As you can see, I'd have to be pretty rich to get hold of my Fantasy

Comment

Aside from all the obvious classic shooters I would like to have in a nice cab I would purchase a four player Daytona USA cabinet, Namco Starblade, Terminator 2 Judgement Day, Gunblade NY, Air Bike Cop and a four player TMNT cab.

Comment

Versus City with Third Strike
                              New Astro City in TATE with Mushihimesama Futari
                              Sega Rally Championship
                              beatmania IIDX 20 Tricoro

Comment

Working...
                              X