Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What NTSC Dreamcast games are non-RGB compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillai
    Don't wanna piss Sega off too much as they are one hell of a company...
    But all this RGB/non RGB is utter bull****.

For example in Japan they released Street Fighter Zero 3 that isn't RGB compatible then a few months down the line they release Street Fighter Zero 3 for Matching Service (which can only be bought thru Sega Direct incidently) which is RGB compatible...

Totally piss me off does this! ft:
    Nothing to do with Sega. It's a Capcom thing. I actually don't know the reason for not including RGB support though.

Comment

OK blame Capcom then!

But come to think of it, you don't hear of this problem on any other consoles... Or do you?

Comment

1 quick example that pisses me off, Parappa Rapper 2 doesn't support the opticial audio out, despite being a PS2 game published/developed by Sony.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai
          For example in Japan they released Street Fighter Zero 3 that isn't RGB compatible then a few months down the line they release Street Fighter Zero 3 for Matching Service (which can only be bought thru Sega Direct incidently) which is RGB compatible...
          Street Fighter Zero 3: 8th July 1999

Street Fighter Zero 3 FMS: 15th Feb 2001

Bit longer than a couple of months mate

Comment

Originally posted by C'
            I actually don't know the reason for not including RGB support though.
            I always thought it was a simple mistake.

Japan and US don't use rgb video cables, so it could easily have gone unnoticed.

I'm certain it's a mistake in Vampire Chronicle and Super Street Fighter II X anyway, what with that strange 1/4 screen effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
              I'm certain it's a mistake in Vampire Chronicle and Super Street Fighter II X anyway, what with that strange 1/4 screen effect.
              Yeah, I remember seeing that for the first time...
              That so pissed me off!

Comment

If you copy your (legally owned) copy of Vampire Chronicle, you can patch the resultant file with an RGB fix patch so the DC will output it in RGB.

It just so happens that it's one of the best looking games I've ever played in RGB. Beautiful, clear and vibrant. I've used my legit VC maybe once, but my patched copy gets fairly regular play.

All of the games listed in this thread have had similar patching done.

Comment

I think I had a patched copy of skies of arcadia that was 3 or 4 disks.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzybee View Post
                    Illbleed is another none RGB game ft:
                    Are you sure? Because I played it back in the day and am now playing it again via RGB SCART.

Coaster Works sadly is not RGB. So I'm forced to use S-Video. Anyone actually been able to patch it?

Comment

Working...
                    X